DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Back from traveling with AP through DACA (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=36148)

soccerlilly03 12-21-2012 02:16 AM

Back from traveling with AP through DACA

Hi everyone I am new to this forum. I just wanted to write to share my experience through Advance parole. I applied for DACA on August 16, received my card by September and SSN/Drivers license within a two weeks of getting it. I applied for AP on October 25 and received my approval by November 24th. I traveled right away since they only gave me till December 22nd. Came back December 14th with no issues. I knew it was a huge risk but I was willing to take it. My grandmother is ill and her health is quickly deterioration. I am EWI and married to a US citizen.

juareza123 12-21-2012 02:22 AM

Re: Back from traveling with AP through DACA

Nice!!!! Ur risk paid off u got to see ur family and u let us know is possible to come back with no issues

FlyinAgainstTheWind 12-21-2012 02:22 AM

How did you get ap so early if the rules for AP for DACA are not out yet?

Dres2011 12-21-2012 02:23 AM

Holy shit is this serious? How were you able to travel? Uscis recently stated a new i130 form is in the works, and the form page advices to avoid applying until then

soccerlilly03 12-21-2012 02:25 AM

My sister in law is a paralegal she helped me with all the paper work all I had to submit was the application the fee and a cover letter. I also sent Documents sent to me by my family members from her Dr. My approval letter stated I received AP for humanitarian reasons.

arclite 12-21-2012 02:26 AM

good to hear. Im also EWI and married to a USC.

Dres2011 12-21-2012 02:26 AM

And for the record you're no longer ewi and there's a possibility of adjusting your status through your spouse.

FlyinAgainstTheWind 12-21-2012 02:31 AM

^Someone in the AP thread was saying this wasn't necessarily true for EWI's but I wonder if her case will be different since she did not get AP through the new I-130 form.

soccerlilly03 12-21-2012 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dres2011 (Post 397592)
And for the record you're no longer ewi and there's a possibility of adjusting your status through your spouse.

I know! that was another reasons I took the risk . God permitting we will start the process in the next couple of weeks!!

newyorker 12-21-2012 02:32 AM

What port of entry did you use? and what was the reentry inspection process like???