DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Calling on the Trump administration to allow DACA recipients to travel (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=83363)

2MoreYears 02-13-2019 12:03 AM

Re: Calling on the Trump administration to allow DACA recipients to travel

Asking too much. Hopefully it won't back fire.

Kudos if it successes.

cmeow 02-13-2019 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgeb1214 (Post 732935)
I need to visit my uncle who is on dialysis and my aunt that has cancer. I really need to visit them. Please pray for my family.

Sorry to hear that. I hope they get better.

Outsider626 02-13-2019 12:05 AM

Advance parole is pain in the ass. You need to lie in order to travel and there is still a risk they will not let you get back to US.

Michcio07 02-13-2019 12:08 AM

Sounds like this might happen Democrats will be like SEE WE WON now you can travel sometime, and they won't give a shit cuz we will all be DACA until we get married or die.

JJ Glo 02-13-2019 12:19 AM

LMAO

Just what we needed. Dems don't expect to act on DACA anytime soon so they're now pushing to bring AP back.

ExMachina 02-13-2019 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outsider626 (Post 732938)
Advance parole is pain in the ass. You need to lie in order to travel and there is still a risk they will not let you get back to US.

This. AP is something Goodlatte would've written into a bill if it weren't for the loophole to adjust.

Wouldn't surprise me if Trump pushed for AP simply to deny us reentry and claim people who weren't able to come back were "found to be MS13 affiliated".

Demise 02-13-2019 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outsider626 (Post 732938)

You don't have to lie, everyone has some relative that's dead or almost in the dirt. Personally I would've preferred it if they didn't require any evidence like with basically anyone else who can get it, all of the other people who can get it (AOS applicants, TPS holders, parolees under 212(d)(5)) also require an "urgent humanitarian reason" but in those cases they don't have to prove anything.

jwxie518 02-13-2019 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demise (Post 732945)
You don't have to lie, everyone has some relative that's dead or almost in the dirt. Personally I would've preferred it if they didn't require any evidence like with basically anyone else who can get it, all of the other people who can get it (AOS applicants, TPS holders, parolees under 212(d)(5)) also require an "urgent humanitarian reason" but in those cases they don't have to prove anything.

Not everyone...

Demise 02-13-2019 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwxie518 (Post 732946)
Not everyone...

Don't have a grave abroad that you need to put flowers on? Did you mysteriously materialize fully formed?

jwxie518 02-13-2019 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demise (Post 732947)
Don't have a grave abroad that you need to put flowers on? Did you mysteriously materialize fully formed?

Sure. Someone died 10 years ago and we can claimed that humanitarian?