DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Ted Cruz’s Outlandish Claims About Illegal Immigrants Being Automatically Registered (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=84936)

Dreamer1980 05-17-2021 10:23 AM

Ted Cruz’s Outlandish Claims About Illegal Immigrants Being Automatically Registered

Ted Cruz - this fat canadian/cuban frijol is one of the biggest enemies for any Dreamer bill, I would love to see him bitch slap.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgdhp

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) claimed this week that a Democrat-backed bill would “automatically register” millions of illegal immigrants to vote, and CNN fact checker Daniel Dale wasn’t having it, bluntly responding to a video clip of Cruz by saying, “None of what you just heard is correct.”

“It was a busy week for CNN’s fact checkers,” said CNN’s Jessica Dean, guest hosting CNN Newsroom for Pamela Brown, mentions that one specific claim by Cruz “really stands out,” and Dale was “here to debunk it.”

“Senator Cruz falsely claimed this week that Democrats have made a proposal that is, quote, intended to register millions of undocumented immigrants to vote,” said Dale, introducing a video clip of Cruz. “Listen.”

“This bill right now automatically registers to vote anyone who interacts with the government,” Cruz said in a hearing regarding S.1, The For The People Act of 2021. “So if you get a welfare check, if you get an unemployment check, if you get a driver’s license, you attend a public college or university, you’re automatically registered to vote. Millions of illegal immigrants fall into those categories. It explicitly sets up a process to register those millions of illegal immigrants.”

“None of what you just heard is correct,” Dale said, pointing out that the actual text of the bill “explicitly says over and over that only American citizens would be eligible to get registered, just like under current law.”

The relevant text of the legislation, part 2, titled “Automatic Voter Registration,” does in fact use language like “eligible citizen” over and over again, making it clear that its provisions apply only to those who are legally allowed to vote, in other words, only American citizens.

“‘Automatic voter registration’ does not mean literally everyone gets registered regardless of their immigration status,” Dale explained. Here’s how it does work. When a U.S. citizen has dealings with a government agency, from the DMV to a Medicaid office, they would automatically have their info sent to elections officials to get signed up to vote, unless they decided to opt out.”

Cruz had complained that S.1 only required a “declaration of citizenship,” noted Dale, but that was all our current voter registration system required.

“The declaration system works,” said Dale. “Non-citizens face prison time and deportation if they lie about it, and fraud is extremely rare.”

hDreamer1988 05-17-2021 11:17 AM

Re: Ted Cruz’s Outlandish Claims About Illegal Immigrants Being Automatically Registe

A common Republican talking point as to why they cannot win the popular vote. Illegals want to vote

2Face 05-17-2021 11:28 AM

Re: Ted Cruz’s Outlandish Claims About Illegal Immigrants Being Automatically Registe

Teddy Cancun Cruz and Tommy Cotton....Two of the biggest enemies of Dreamer legalization on the right...

Smooth 05-17-2021 11:37 AM

I hate this motherfucker. Miserable piece of shit.

FLDreamerrr 05-17-2021 11:59 AM

Ted Cruz is such a waste of human DNA ... and his wife is hideous

tyler129 05-17-2021 12:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by FLDreamerrr (Post 760286)

1st time I ever felt bad for Cruz

Demise 05-17-2021 12:48 PM

I really wish we could send him back to Canada.

FLDreamerrr 05-17-2021 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demise (Post 760289)

Wish we could send him and his father back to Cuba

hDreamer1988 05-17-2021 05:02 PM

Quote:

Trump said that same thing on national TV and Cruz is kissing his ass tongue and everything.... watch out or he might start puckering up toward you.

Quote:

I have a theory that Cruz is actually a Canadian sleeper agent sent to the US to destabilize the government for the imminent Canadian invasion. He is drawing all the attention to the wrong border.. The old bait and switch.

justjohnjustice1988 05-17-2021 05:29 PM

This has nothing to do with DACA.

CNN is fake news.

And yes, even at my state, Illinois, at the DMV they always ask me if I want to register to vote and I decline.

When states automatically register you, the system won't know the difference between a SSN that is US Citizen and that of legal/quasi legal aka DACA/TPS/ETC

Fake irrelevant news to us! Next!