DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Taking Action (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Creation of a New Group (for DACA Recipients) (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=78536)

unthinkable 09-18-2017 06:15 PM

Creation of a New Group (for DACA Recipients)

All,

I've said many times in the past regarding the dangers of UWD and its foolish gamble with the livelihood of 800K DACA Recipients. I think we can all agree that if there is one group that deserves a path towards legalization, it would be us. We came as kids, received educations and have jobs (or serve in the military) while going through extreme trials & tribulations due to our status.

UWD's continual unwillingness to accept a realistic compromise puts us at a great risk, not just from the legislative point of view but also from PR perspectives. We need to DISTANCE ourselves from these radicals ASAP.

Therefore, I support a creation of a new, independent group for DACA Dreamers (800K) to achieve our collective goal of attaining a legal pathway for citizenship.

There are 2 ways I can think of to maintain our distance from these radicals, who seek to leave us in the shadows for their continual existence.

1. Keep voicing our support to politicians who are supportive of our cause (including President Trump)

2. Voice a strong contempt for UWD and re-iterating all the harms they are doing (essentially jeopardizing the livelihood of 800K of the most qualified, talented group of young immigrants that make significant contributions to the economy). IMO, we need to keep emphasizing the fact that such an organization does not represent the dreamers and if anything, we are HIGHLY SUPPORTIVE of their removal processing, if necessary (e.g. those idiots that interrupted Nancy Pelosi during her press conference).

What do you guys think?

unthinkable 09-18-2017 06:20 PM

Re: Creation of a New Group (for DACA Recipients)

We've waited our whole lives for this opportunity (under an ideal political climate). I can't bear to see these UWD radicals muck it all up just because of their unwillingness to come to terms with reality.

Swim19 09-18-2017 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unthinkable (Post 641170)
All,

I've said many times in the past regarding the dangers of UWD and its foolish gamble with the livelihood of 800K DACA Recipients. I think we can all agree that if there is one group that deserves a path towards legalization, it would be us. We came as kids, received educations and have jobs (or serve in the military) while going through extreme trials & tribulations due to our status.

UWD's continual unwillingness to accept a realistic compromise puts us at a great risk, not just from the legislative point of view but also from PR perspectives. We need to DISTANCE ourselves from these radicals ASAP.

Therefore, I support a creation of a new, independent group for DACA Dreamers (800K) to achieve our collective goal of attaining a legal pathway for citizenship.

There are 2 ways I can think of to maintain our distance from these radicals, who seek to leave us in the shadows for their continual existence.

1. Keep voicing our support to politicians who are supportive of our cause (including President Trump)

2. Voice a strong contempt for UWD and re-iterating all the harms they are doing (essentially jeopardizing the livelihood of 800K of the most qualified, talented group of young immigrants that make significant contributions to the economy). IMO, we need to keep emphasizing the fact that such an organization does not represent the dreamers and if anything, we are HIGHLY SUPPORTIVE of their removal processing, if necessary (e.g. those idiots that interrupted Nancy Pelosi during her press conference).

What do you guys think?

FYI - it wasn't UWD that interrupted Pelosi during the press conference.

unthinkable 09-18-2017 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swim19 (Post 641200)
FYI - it wasn't UWD that interrupted Pelosi during the press conference.

Well, can we still make an important point of distancing ourselves from those protesters by voicing our opinion for their removal? That would at least protect us from PR perspectives.

magdation1 09-18-2017 09:01 PM

I agree with this -- I'm very tired of people jeopardizing the compromise that will need to be reached between Democrats and Republicans to achieve the Dream Act or whatever needs to happen for us the Dreamers. UWD has also in the past had some extreme views and their leaders can come across as "All or nothing".

Compromise is key, in particular when the Republicans have the Congress.

Whatever we need to do -- I'll help.