DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   *****RFE Thread <- (Request for Evidence)**** (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=32596)

CarpeDiem92 04-20-2013 02:02 PM

Re: *****RFE Thread <- (Request for Evidence)****

Quote:

Originally Posted by nivek90 (Post 463560)
Evidence for 2010 and 2011.. I didn't have enough to send because I never opened a bank account or anything. However I had a couple receips for doctors appointments in those years not every month tho. I also sent Facebook check ins. And one affidavit done by my cousin. I hope this was enough cause I didn't have anything else to send

That should be ok, doubt they are being exact with the months.

JTSnow 04-20-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nivek90 (Post 463560)
Evidence for 2010 and 2011.. I didn't have enough to send because I never opened a bank account or anything. However I had a couple receips for doctors appointments in those years not every month tho. I also sent Facebook check ins. And one affidavit done by my cousin. I hope this was enough cause I didn't have anything else to send

Do you have a Xbox live or PSN (Playstion Network) account. Because if you do and brought content from them in those 2 years then all you need is a transaction history for 2010-2011. Or if one of your parents claim you as a dependent on their taxes for those years you can send them a copy of their tax returns. You can also write a letter to USCIS along with your response explaining why you don't have evidence for those two years. I did all those and I got approved in 2 weeks after I sent in my RFE response. They wanted proof of evidence from 2007, 2010, and 2011 from me.

nivek90 04-20-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarpeDiem92 (Post 463624)
That should be ok, doubt they are being exact with the months.

Yeah I just can't wait anymore it's been too long

angryfx45 04-20-2013 03:27 PM

if they ask fo evidence of presence for the yr 2007 and 2008
and im sending in creditcard statement and wireless phone statement for those each
month.
should i bother to send in more evidence for different years that they havent asked for?,
or just send in what they asked for...

thx

appl sent 915
bio 9-27
rfe-4-18
wtf

nivek90 04-20-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angryfx45 (Post 463653)
if they ask fo evidence of presence for the yr 2007 and 2008
and im sending in creditcard statement and wireless phone statement for those each
month.
should i bother to send in more evidence for different years that they havent asked for?,
or just send in what they asked for...

thx

appl sent 915
bio 9-27
rfe-4-18
wtf

Just what they asked for! Keep it simple

x_deleted_x 04-21-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nivek90 (Post 463658)
Just what they asked for! Keep it simple

Lol, darn... I submitted a little more evidence than requested when I returned my RFE. Probably gonna be more of a wait now. Lol, I hope not....

lisha0227 04-22-2013 08:39 PM

So I just got an rfe in the mail that was mailed out on the 19(friday) but when I check my case on USCIS it still said initial review... Doesn't say anything about rfe.... Funny thing about it was I looked at the person b4 and they got a rfe today

newlife28 04-23-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisha0227 (Post 464752)
So I just got an rfe in the mail that was mailed out on the 19(friday) but when I check my case on USCIS it still said initial review... Doesn't say anything about rfe.... Funny thing about it was I looked at the person b4 and they got a rfe today

what is ur rfe for?

lisha0227 04-23-2013 12:53 AM

Proof I was here June 15,2012 and proof I was her from the end of august 2007- september 2012(last 5 year)

dinokill 04-23-2013 11:48 AM

I just got a second RFE one week after I sent my first RFE response back!! What the flying fuck?

Star_Dreamer 04-23-2013 12:28 PM

Hi Guys,

This is my first post and I needed some info. I got an RFE and they want proof for June 2007 to Dec 2008 and from Jan 2011 to October 2012. I started College in September 2007 and graduated in 2010 so I have proof for that period. I just don’t have anything for June thru August of 2007 because I was doing absolutely anything that summer. Would it be a problem if I didn’t submit anything for those three months?

Also for 2011 thru 2012 the only proof I have is my bank statements and I can get a letter from my landlord stating that I was living there, although the lease is under my dad’s name. Will that be enough evidence?

If someone can help me out that would be great!!

nivek90 04-23-2013 03:13 PM

I will mark my 7 MONTHS next week as well as a month since I sent my RFE. Why can I get approve already? I keep thinking this is my week this is my week but no nothing. It's just depressing, especially knowing that you fully qualify ! I just want to be able to drive. Have my license and be able to work already!

Gzuhs 04-23-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinokill (Post 465110)
I just got a second RFE one week after I sent my first RFE response back!! What the flying fuck?

What did they ask for on your first RFE, and now on your second?

Gzuhs 04-23-2013 06:17 PM

Hey guys,

This is my first post.
I filled my application January 9, I had my biometrics about a month later. Then the waiting. I checked my case status on a daily basis online, but nothing. Finally when I least expected it, I received a letter on April 1, thinking it was a final decision, but no, it was an RFE. I was Excited that I had finally received something not even aware of what an RFE was until I read the letter. I was upset when I read that they were asking me to send more evidence and having to wait even longer for a response. They asked me for two things, my ID which I thought I had included a copy of in my original packet, and there was a discrepancy with my graduation dates. I sent a copy of my HS diploma which states I graduated June of 2006 but my transcript showed January 2007 so they wanted me to send them the correct dates and an explanation of the discrepancy. So I sent that on April 17 and this morning I checked my status and it showed that they had received my RFE on April 22. Now the waiting game again.
From what I have heard from a relative of mine, once you send back an RFE they usually make a decision soon.
She was RFEd and she sent her proof on a Monday and by the following Wednesday she had received her EAD.

initiald11 04-23-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gzuhs (Post 465314)
Hey guys,

This is my first post.
I filled my application January 9, I had my biometrics about a month later. Then the waiting. I checked my case status on a daily basis online, but nothing. Finally when I least expected it, I received a letter on April 1, thinking it was a final decision, but no, it was an RFE. I was Excited that I had finally received something not even aware of what an RFE was until I read the letter. I was upset when I read that they were asking me to send more evidence and having to wait even longer for a response. They asked me for two things, my ID which I thought I had included a copy of in my original packet, and there was a discrepancy with my graduation dates. I sent a copy of my HS diploma which states I graduated June of 2006 but my transcript showed January 2007 so they wanted me to send them the correct dates and an explanation of the discrepancy. So I sent that on April 17 and this morning I checked my status and it showed that they had received my RFE on April 22. Now the waiting game again.
From what I have heard from a relative of mine, once you send back an RFE they usually make a decision soon.
She was RFEd and she sent her proof on a Monday and by the following Wednesday she had received her EAD.

really? i sent mine on the 15th and my status hasn't changed but usps shows they received my rfe..

Gzuhs 04-23-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by initiald11 (Post 465322)
really? i sent mine on the 15th and my status hasn't changed but usps shows they received my rfe..

Yea, I have read on other threads that USCIS sometimes takes a while to update their info. Just wait, you'll see that it will show, and who knows, maybe when you least expect it you get your approval! Good luck.

K_karla 04-23-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinokill (Post 465110)

What were the first and second one for?

initiald11 04-24-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gzuhs (Post 465481)
Yea, I have read on other threads that USCIS sometimes takes a while to update their info. Just wait, you'll see that it will show, and who knows, maybe when you least expect it you get your approval! Good luck.

yeah i thought I'd seen that too, hopefully It's soon! Going through a rough patch right now.. good luck to you too!

Gzuhs 04-25-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by initiald11 (Post 465516)
yeah i thought I'd seen that too, hopefully It's soon! Going through a rough patch right now.. good luck to you too!

I see that you got approved already, Congrats! I told you it would happen when you least expected it.

initiald11 04-26-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gzuhs (Post 466468)
I see that you got approved already, Congrats! I told you it would happen when you least expected it.

that you did! thanks! i already posted this on another thread but i'll say it again.. i actually called this morning and asked why my case hadn't been updated since usps said they received it 7 days ago well the guy said that it could take 15-30 days and it might be another 2 weeks or so. LITERALLY 5 minutes later i got the text and email that i was approved! coincidence? maybe.

Tgurl7177 04-26-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gzuhs (Post 465481)

Funny thing and I hope its a good thing. I sent in my RFE response overnight on the 22nd. and on the 23rd they had already updated the site to show they received it. I dont really care about the site I jsut want my approval =) but as many I'm still waiting.

Gzuhs 04-26-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by initiald11 (Post 466771)
that you did! thanks! i already posted this on another thread but i'll say it again.. i actually called this morning and asked why my case hadn't been updated since usps said they received it 7 days ago well the guy said that it could take 15-30 days and it might be another 2 weeks or so. LITERALLY 5 minutes later i got the text and email that i was approved! coincidence? maybe.

Coincidence or not, you got approved which in this case, is really all that mattered at the end. :D
Hopefully I get that approval email and text soon!

Gzuhs 04-26-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tgurl7177 (Post 466988)
Funny thing and I hope its a good thing. I sent in my RFE response overnight on the 22nd. and on the 23rd they had already updated the site to show they received it. I dont really care about the site I jsut want my approval =) but as many I'm still waiting.

Unfortunately, all we can really do is wait, and waiting is not so much fun. :-|

Gzuhs 04-26-2013 01:30 PM

Hey guys, just wanted to share with you all that this morning I checked my status on the USCIS website and it says that I got approved and my approval was mailed out on April 25th!!!!

Approved: 03-25-13 (3 months and 16 days) (106 days total)

nivek90 04-26-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gzuhs (Post 467020)
Hey guys, just wanted to share with you all that this morning I checked my status on the USCIS website and it says that I got approved and my approval was mailed out on April 25th!!!!

Congratssss!!

nivek90 04-26-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by initiald11 (Post 466771)

i just called them and they told me that i had to pick an option to talk to a higher representative about this.. so i chose to leave a voice message so they can call me back but the voice mail was full and they couldn't take my message!! so i had to hang up. what do i do now? ugh.

Tgurl7177 04-26-2013 03:17 PM

[quote=Gzuhs;467020]Hey guys, just wanted to share with you all that this morning I checked my status on the USCIS website and it says that I got approved and my approval was mailed out on April 25th!!!!

Im glad your wait is over :grin: hopefully im next!

Gzuhs 04-26-2013 03:29 PM

[quote=Tgurl7177;467064]
Quote:

I wish you all the best, your turn will come! :D

Gzuhs 04-26-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nivek90 (Post 467038)
Congratssss!!

Thank you! :D

initiald11 04-26-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

congrats!! looks like we both got approved the same day. p.s. your signature says 3-25 not 4-25. not that it matters just saying.

initiald11 04-26-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nivek90 (Post 467049)
i just called them and they told me that i had to pick an option to talk to a higher representative about this.. so i chose to leave a voice message so they can call me back but the voice mail was full and they couldn't take my message!! so i had to hang up. what do i do now? ugh.

thats weird. what i did was i just waited till all the options were said and just kept holding eventually it automatically transferred me to a real person who spoke spanish. i'm sure if you don't speak spanish they'd transfer you though

initiald11 04-26-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nivek90 (Post 467038)
Congratssss!!

thanks!!

[quote=Tgurl7177;467064]
Quote:

I'm rooting for you!

Happyman0607 04-27-2013 05:22 AM

Quote:

Grats:)

Happyman0607 04-27-2013 05:24 AM

Anyone know the max amount of RFE's they hand out? Is it 2 or more? I heard of someone getting a second one

Lunafiv 04-27-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happyman0607 (Post 467359)
Anyone know the max amount of RFE's they hand out? Is it 2 or more? I heard of someone getting a second one

Do you know if they were for the same reason or different reason?

rmurillo917 04-28-2013 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happyman0607 (Post 467358)
Grats:)

What was the reason that they asked you for more evidence???

rmurillo917 04-28-2013 01:13 AM

On April 25, 2013, we mailed a notice requesting evidence/information for this case to you or your representative. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the material requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence/information or the opportunity to submit it expires. A new processing period will begin when we receive your response. You or your representative will be notified by that office of a decision or if any further information or action is needed from you. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address

Does any body knows what " A new processing period will begin when we receive your response." means??? please help

jdjmeza 04-28-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmurillo917 (Post 467669)
On April 25, 2013, we mailed a notice requesting evidence/information for this case to you or your representative. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the material requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence/information or the opportunity to submit it expires. A new processing period will begin when we receive your response. You or your representative will be notified by that office of a decision or if any further information or action is needed from you. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address

Does any body knows what " A new processing period will begin when we receive your response." means??? please help

Once they receive your response to the RFE, they have 60 days to make a final decision.

Happyman0607 04-28-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunafiv (Post 467458)
Do you know if they were for the same reason or different reason?

Obviously they wouldn't issue a second response asking for the same thing lol

FPA 04-28-2013 06:00 PM

I'm so excited! they received my rfe on 4/12, approved 4/24,approval letters 4/26. I just checked the uscis website and it have me a link to usps saying my card will arrive on Monday! I never thought I would say this, but I can't wait for Monday!