DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   SSC Application Waiting for "verification" (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=65806)

D_IN_LI 11-05-2013 04:45 PM

SSC Application Waiting for "verification"

I haven't seen anyone else post about this on any thread.

I went to SSA Thursday (the day right after the shutdown was lifted) to file to a SSN. Everything went smoothly, BUT they gave me a letter stating that my documents I showed the lady at the counter needed to be "verified".

The letter says, it may take "UP TO" 4 weeks. This thursday Nov. 7th is going to be 3 weeks!!!!
I have yet to receive anything in the mail, and I am getting a little anxious! :neutral::cry::?

Anyone had this issue or going through this right now OR have gone through it before the shut down?
OR has anyone else filled for a SSN after the shutdown and have ALREADY received their SSC in the mail?

Please help. Any information would be GREAT! :-D

lisha0227 11-05-2013 05:17 PM

Re: SSC Application Waiting for "verification"

I waited 4 weeks for mines.. Just keep waiting and if after the 4 week u still haven't got it go down to the office

nayelytr 11-05-2013 07:38 PM

I applied for my ssn a week ago and got the card in just 6 days I was told it would take. 2 weeks so I was pleasently surprised. And today I went to the DMV... You should call them and ask what the hold up is. Or at least get the print out.

hou_home 11-05-2013 09:51 PM

What kind of document did you show them, if you don't mind me asking? I went in today and the letter I received only said that it might take 2 weeks for me to get the card. I presented a valid passport with my EAD.

Naxield 11-05-2013 11:04 PM

Yeah, immigration is supposed to send your info to SS so they can clear you for a SSC. If you go before the 10 days after receiving your EAD, they will have to request verification.

ggalicia 11-05-2013 11:13 PM

Its very true it can really take up to 5 weeks

Malign0n 11-06-2013 12:03 AM

Should've gone before. Social Security Administration was not affected by the shutdown. :P

nayelytr 11-06-2013 02:05 PM

I went before the 10 days and had no problem. I received my ead on a Saturday and on Tuesday I went to apply, she asked for my birth certificate and my ead... and for the DMV all they used was my ead.

JJ Glo 11-06-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malign0n (Post 520054)
Should've gone before. Social Security Administration was not affected by the shutdown. :P

The field offices remained opened, but a few services were stopped. Issuing new or replacement Social Security Cards was one of those services.

Naxield 11-08-2013 09:16 PM

It sucks though. I got an interview today at Universal Studios Orlando, to work at my dream job (The Wizarding World of Harry Potter). Of course, it's only a dream job until I graduate vet school, but I couldn't actually be hired since I didn't have my SSC. They told me to walk in to HR again when I have it and they'll continue the hiring process.
Such a let down and a waste of three hours.