DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   New Members (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Legalization and Immigration Options FAQ (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=8146)

cadman 11-07-2007 08:59 PM


Originally Posted by Youguysareawesome
Pingpong you should consider being an immigration lawyer. You're already more competent in immigration law than most.

^ thats what i was going to say. Like a lawyer or paralegal or something...

pingpong abyss 11-07-2007 10:48 PM

lmao. People have been telling me I should be a lawyer since forever, but mostly because I'm argumentative as hell.

Anyway, I'm being lazy. I've got sections on adjustment of status through marriage and 245i half done, so I hope to finish them soon. yaay

Latina~Hispana 11-09-2007 03:16 AM


Originally Posted by cadman

Originally Posted by Latina~Hispana
Is it too late to consult a lawyer and try to do something about my status since I am only 17 and my step dad is a permanent resident? He is only waiting for his appointment I guess?

I heard it was quicker to return to your home country, graduate in a profession, and get a visa pretty quickly..true? I mean, right now I am applying to college, if I was accepted and left before turning 18 would I be able to come back soon enought to start college with a visa? Or maybe I could petition for deferral for a year or something? Would that work?

Sorry I am so inept at this.

Anyone with common sense should know this but know EXACTLY what you are going to do if in fact you want to leave. Speak to a lawyer, do whatever you gotta do but be absolutely sure there will be a solution. Last time I checked, coming back was no easy task.

I am going to speak to a lawyer soon. I hope I hear something good. :?

xDreamx 11-13-2007 11:05 AM

can anyone undocumated be sposored through employment? I'm sorry I got confused. I read in one of the thread that you have to petition to adjust status in US. A year ago I spoke to a lawyer and he told me that once you are here illigally there is nothing that can be done. Again, I am sorry if this question does not make sense or it is something that you wrote already about.

Ianus 11-13-2007 04:30 PM

^^^It is believed that only those that who are grandfathered under 245i can file an employment sponsored petition if the person is in an undocumented state currently & it doesn't matter how the person entered the country originally if they are grandfathered to be sponsored.

xDreamx 11-13-2007 05:53 PM

what does it mean if you are grandfathered under 245i?
sorry I'm confused?

xDreamx 11-13-2007 09:46 PM

Never mind.. i found it. But that means that if I did not have my papers filed before April, 2001 and I have no chances.

Ianus 01-03-2008 04:17 PM

Re: Legalization and Immigration Options FAQ
Just to add to the legalization list there is an excellent Q&A with ICE & CBP on U visas & Relief from removal.You can check out here.

eloso805 01-10-2008 03:22 AM

Re: Legalization and Immigration Options FAQ
iam confuzed..so hypotetically speaking if iam engaged to a US citizen n have been living here since 1yr old...n still undocumented.. i should get marry first or petition first...whats more time conserving...or better off...

pingpong abyss 01-10-2008 03:30 AM

Re: Legalization and Immigration Options FAQ
Well, if s/he files for you as a fiancee, then you'll get your interview sooner. However, it will cost more because you'll have to pay more to adjust status once you're here (if you have to leave at all...which you only will if you entered without inspection). If you file as a fiancee, you save around 6 months of time, but pay around a thousand dollars more. Again, though, this only applies if you entered without inspection. If you came here legally, or through misrepresentation, and have since fallen out of status, then you can adjust here and don't have the option of the fiancee visa, because the point of the fiancee visa is to get you here so you can get married.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.