DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Taking Action (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Donations? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=78962)

AmericaDreamsBig 10-18-2017 02:33 AM

Donations?

There are limits to what we can influence but we are not powerless. We love this country and this is our time!

I have never been a very active Dreamer but have benefited greatly from DACA and the efforts of other Dreamers. Over the last couple of years I have had a very successful career thanks to the few limitations which DACA eliminated from my life. Everything I have witnessed since September 5th has made me prouder than ever to be part of such an amazing group of people. I am full of excitement for what my fellow Dreamers will continue to accomplish once we get past this final hurdle and can finally call this land we love our home with legitimacy.

I find the level of activism by Dreamers really admirable and would love to donate some money to support these efforts. Can you someone possibly point me to an active group where I can direct my donation? I found United We Dream with a quick google search but would love to hear your input. Thank you!

complicatedc33 10-18-2017 02:53 AM

Re: Donations?

The ACLU is a start.

fl_dreamer 10-18-2017 08:40 AM

Please do not donate to UWD. Save your money!

ACLU is a good start.

g33k 10-18-2017 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fl_dreamer (Post 648000)
Please do not donate to UWD. Save your money!

ACLU is a good start.

Actually just save your money.

Swim19 10-18-2017 06:51 PM

Indivisible is a good organization to donate to. They have weekly actions for their members to do in support of DACA/DREAM Act.

zara12 10-18-2017 07:58 PM

Just curious, how is fwd.us ?

Swim19 10-18-2017 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zara12 (Post 648152)
Just curious, how is fwd.us ?

I was going to mention fwd.us, but I didn't see a donation link on their website. Fwd.us is definitely fighting for DREAM Act and also constantly asking people to call, write, etc their Senators & Congressman.

zara12 10-18-2017 08:21 PM

Thanks, Swim. Great minds think alike, I guess!

They seem to have a good number of corporate sponsors and I don't see a "Donate" link on their website either. I love their efforts on creating awareness of DA though!

Ascend Educational Fund (AEF) seems like a good one for those in NYC - I don't know much about them.

ACLU and Indivisible are the two good options for those interested.

2Face 10-22-2017 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmericaDreamsBig (Post 647982)
There are limits to what we can influence but we are not powerless. We love this country and this is our time!

I have never been a very active Dreamer but have benefited greatly from DACA and the efforts of other Dreamers. Over the last couple of years I have had a very successful career thanks to the few limitations which DACA eliminated from my life. Everything I have witnessed since September 5th has made me prouder than ever to be part of such an amazing group of people. I am full of excitement for what my fellow Dreamers will continue to accomplish once we get past this final hurdle and can finally call this land we love our home with legitimacy.

I find the level of activism by Dreamers really admirable and would love to donate some money to support these efforts. Can you someone possibly point me to an active group where I can direct my donation? I found United We Dream with a quick google search but would love to hear your input. Thank you!

Do not donate to UWD or any similar immigrant organizations! Another think you look at when finding a charity is see if they have financial statements. See what percentage of the donations are used towards administrative expenses. You will get an idea of how much of your dollar is actually going into the cause.

IamAman 10-23-2017 11:27 AM

I just use smile.amazon.com when ordering from amazon and use the ACLU as the organization to donate to. doesn't cost me anything.