DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   One check or two checks for renewal? Photos or no? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=70177)

meow_meow 12-31-2014 10:02 PM

One check or two checks for renewal? Photos or no?

I read the doc a few times but no where mention whether the $465 is split check or single check (e.g. money order).

I vaguely remember initial request was done with two checks. Also, checks should be made payable to "U.S. Department of Homeland Security" right?

What about photos? No right?

I assume for 99% of the renewal crowd, all we need to send are the three forms (I-765, I-815, I765W) and check(s)?

Thanks.

jessebrenele 12-31-2014 10:11 PM

Re: One check or two checks for renewal? Photos or no?

I'm sending mine with only 1 check.

And yes, it is to U.S Dep. of Homeland etc.

No photos. I didn't send none. However, I sent copies of my DL, and EAD just to make sure, plus a cover letter, to make it punctual, and a lipstick kiss under my signature. I'm kidding on the last part.

Malign0n 01-01-2015 01:13 AM

The website says you can do either 2 checks or a single one. Make sure it's the right amount for either.

The photos are required for the I-765 Application. They need to be 2 passport sized photos with your name and alien number on the back

meow_meow 01-01-2015 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malign0n (Post 550381)
The website says you can do either 2 checks or a single one. Make sure it's the right amount for either.

The photos are required for the I-765 Application. They need to be 2 passport sized photos with your name and alien number on the back

Really? I need to submit photos again for renewal? Can you point me to the page? Thanks though! When I read I-821D they said for renewal don't submit any new douments unless necessary. For I-765 it said a bunch of documents are required. This is so confusing.

Malign0n 01-01-2015 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meow_meow (Post 550412)
Really? I need to submit photos again for renewal? Can you point me to the page? Thanks though! When I read I-821D they said for renewal don't submit any new douments unless necessary. For I-765 it said a bunch of documents are required. This is so confusing.

It's under the instructions for the I-765 app. There are only three things listed as required for the Application, the I-94 (not required for DACA), a front and back copy of your old EAD, and two passport photos with your name and alien number on the back.

It seems confusing since they said "no new documents". But it also makes sense that they need those two things to process your new EAD.

meow_meow 01-01-2015 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malign0n (Post 550381)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malign0n (Post 550413)
It's under the instructions for the I-765 app. There are only three things listed as required for the Application, the I-94 (not required for DACA), a front and back copy of your old EAD, and two passport photos with your name and alien number on the back.

It seems confusing since they said "no new documents". But it also makes sense that they need those two things to process your new EAD.

Thanks. I double check and you are right.

Malign0n 01-02-2015 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meow_meow (Post 550417)
Thanks. I double check and you are right.

Good luck. Glad to help.

meow_meow 01-02-2015 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessebrenele (Post 550368)

No photos. I didn't send none. However, I sent copies of my DL, and EAD just to make sure, plus a cover letter, to make it punctual, and a lipstick kiss under my signature. I'm kidding on the last part.

^ please see previous comment... I hope that didn't hurt your application...

AlexanderMQ 01-02-2015 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessebrenele (Post 550368)

OH NO! you were suppose to send in 2 passport photos (name and A# in the back of each photo), you are likely to get a RFE issued to you for no passport photos, it happened to my friend when he renewed his I-821D/I-765. it will take them probably more than the estimated time frame for renewal to generate a RFE for you, expect a delay to your case.