DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   When Trump wins (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=83811)

jwxie518 08-19-2019 01:20 PM

When Trump wins

Then I am 3 years away from green card eligibility from parent’s petition. The sad thing is I am considering going back. Timing is never on my side. I wish this is 2020 already so we are a few months away from the result.

Son of bitch has the upper hand winning, Stephen Miller ain’t going anyway, and Democrats most likely won’t pull another govt shutdown this year. So say bye to any chance of DACA solution.

This is so depressing.

PapiChulo 08-19-2019 03:08 PM

Re: When Trump wins

we'll be cool, lil nigga.

IamAman 08-19-2019 03:12 PM

In times of trouble I turn to Star Trek. The opening theme of Enterprise fits this moment. Keep faith my Dreamer friend.

On another note, I don't know why Enterprise gets disrespected by the Trekkies. Sure it's no TNG or DS9 but it's a lot better than Voyager. Come on, it deserved more than 4 seasons!

beingoflight 08-19-2019 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwxie518 (Post 739947)
Then I am 3 years away from green card eligibility from parent’s petition. The sad thing is I am considering going back. Timing is never on my side. I wish this is 2020 already so we are a few months away from the result.

Son of bitch has the upper hand winning, Stephen Miller ain’t going anyway, and Democrats most likely won’t pull another govt shutdown this year. So say bye to any chance of DACA solution.

This is so depressing.

Trump is probably the best thing that has happened to most immigrants tbh..

We got closer than ever to a solution thanks to him.
Probably SC will strike down DACA and he will use an executive action to save us and claim the latino vote.
Deportations are actually LOWER than previous presidency.
Wall was just a show, didnt even get built.
Only using scare tactics with no action.

Art of the deal my guy.

Recommendation stay the fuck away from the mainstream media.

jwxie518 08-19-2019 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beingoflight (Post 739953)

Probably SC will strike down DACA and he will use an executive action to save us and claim the latino vote.

Art of the deal my guy.

I am not saying I don’t “appreciate” the rescind of DACA. It woke everyone up. But the fact Stephen Miller is in power concerns me, and Trump, like I said. Has the upper hand. No one is going to change shit and we are sandwiched for god knows how many more years. Everyone pulls a stun.

jwxie518 08-19-2019 05:19 PM

However, I don't think another executive action is my preferred outcome. I'd like to see a border deal with green card program. I actually don't care and don't really mind having a border wall.

Afridi786 08-19-2019 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwxie518 (Post 739955)
However, I don't think another executive action is my preferred outcome. I'd like to see a border deal with green card program. I actually don't care and don't really mind having a border wall.

Lol, there's not going to be a deal. He already got billions for his wall with no compromise. Best case scenario, he delays DACA cancellation until after the election, and then a Democrat wins.

jwxie518 08-19-2019 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beingoflight (Post 739953)

Art of the deal my guy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afridi786 (Post 739958)
Lol, there's not going to be a deal. He already got billions for his wall with no compromise. Best case scenario, he delays DACA cancellation until after the election, and then a Democrat wins.

We’d pray for a DM to win. But I am pessimistic here.

Afridi786 08-19-2019 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwxie518 (Post 739959)
We’d pray for a DM to win. But I am pessimistic here.

Yeah, he'll probably win re-election. I've lost faith in the electorate.

DogJuiceMan 08-19-2019 09:01 PM

jwxie518 brother, remain calm, keep chin above water. I wish I were in your position with only 3 years to go before my marathon ends. I still cannot see the finish line.

Patience. You will prevail.