DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Taking Action (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   PLEASE CALL John Boehner (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=60927)

hp2design 07-25-2013 06:15 PM

PLEASE CALL John Boehner

Friend --

If you care about immigration reform, here's something you can do right now to help move it forward in the House:

Pick up the phone right now and call Speaker Boehner's office to tell him you want to see him bring comprehensive immigration reform to a vote in the House:

Speaker John Boehner
(202) 225-0600

Then -- and this part is important -- let us know how the call went.

And, if you're on Twitter or if the number is busy, just send a tweet his way and let John Boehner know it's time to stop dragging his feet.

Since the Senate voted to pass a bipartisan comprehensive immigration reform bill in June, the House has been slow to make progress.

That's why thousands of OFA supporters who care about this issue are getting on the phone to speak out today and make sure their representatives in Washington know where they stand.

Over the next few weeks, we'll be calling out representatives who are refusing to act on immigration reform -- and rallying behind the ones who are fighting with us to pass the biggest reforms of our immigration system in decades.

This is too important, and Congress has stalled for too long. We don't know when we'll get another chance like this -- so let's go.

Call Speaker Boehner now at (202) 225-0600 and call on him to hold a vote on comprehensive immigration reform -- then let OFA know how it went:

http://my.barackobama.com/Report-You...on-Immigration

And, if you're on Twitter, hit him up on Twitter, too:

http://my.barackobama.com/Tweet-Speaker-Boehner

Thanks -- more to come very soon.

Emmy

Emmy Ruiz
Immigration Campaign Manager
Organizing for Action

P.S. -- The story of comprehensive immigration reform is the story of all of us -- it's the American story. You can add to the conversation -- share your personal story of why you care about immigration reform today.

----------------
A movement of millions elected President Obama. Let's keep fighting for change. Chip in $5 or more to support Organizing for Action today.

IamAman 07-25-2013 08:23 PM

Re: PLEASE CALL John Boehner

Friend, he is not in my state nor district and I can't vote for him so they will just hang up.

dtrt09 07-25-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hp2design (Post 502464)
Friend --

If you care about immigration reform, here's something you can do right now to help move it forward in the House:

Pick up the phone right now and call Speaker Boehner's office to tell him you want to see him bring comprehensive immigration reform to a vote in the House:

Speaker John Boehner
(202) 225-0600

Then -- and this part is important -- let us know how the call went.

And, if you're on Twitter or if the number is busy, just send a tweet his way and let John Boehner know it's time to stop dragging his feet.

Since the Senate voted to pass a bipartisan comprehensive immigration reform bill in June, the House has been slow to make progress.

That's why thousands of OFA supporters who care about this issue are getting on the phone to speak out today and make sure their representatives in Washington know where they stand.

Over the next few weeks, we'll be calling out representatives who are refusing to act on immigration reform -- and rallying behind the ones who are fighting with us to pass the biggest reforms of our immigration system in decades.

This is too important, and Congress has stalled for too long. We don't know when we'll get another chance like this -- so let's go.

Call Speaker Boehner now at (202) 225-0600 and call on him to hold a vote on comprehensive immigration reform -- then let OFA know how it went:

http://my.barackobama.com/Report-You...on-Immigration

And, if you're on Twitter, hit him up on Twitter, too:

http://my.barackobama.com/Tweet-Speaker-Boehner

Thanks -- more to come very soon.

Emmy

Emmy Ruiz
Immigration Campaign Manager
Organizing for Action

P.S. -- The story of comprehensive immigration reform is the story of all of us -- it's the American story. You can add to the conversation -- share your personal story of why you care about immigration reform today.

----------------
A movement of millions elected President Obama. Let's keep fighting for change. Chip in $5 or more to support Organizing for Action today.

@OFA : You have a lot of gall asking the undocumented community to chip in for funds even if it's only $5.00. Also, if you are so interested in knowing people's personal stories about why they care about immigration reform, perhaps you should start with the detained, the ordered deported and the removed from this country by the Obama administration. You won't get any more personal than that, plus the stories will bear the official seals of the administration's agencies.

swiftp 07-25-2013 11:46 PM

I don't believe OP is actually from OFA but was rather copy-pasting an email he received.

dtrt09 07-25-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftp (Post 502549)
I don't believe OP is actually from OFA but was rather copy-pasting an email he received.

I know- that is why I directed my reply to @OFA, not the forum poster. I'm sure @OFA 'advocates' read sites like this one.

Happyman0607 07-25-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamAman (Post 502509)
Friend, he is not in my state nor district and I can't vote for him so they will just hang up.

Doesn't have to be in your distric, you can just say you'd like to remain anonymous if they ask for any info...

hp2design 07-26-2013 12:18 AM

Im not from the Obama administration, I did copy and paste the information because I belong to the organization. I would like everyone to call just as they want you don't have to leave your name or status anyone can call press 1 to leave a message, and just tell him that you would like for him to allow the house to vote on the immigration reform and that the path to citizenship is what the country needs, this bill is the future of this country and a better economy. Please call I want to freeze this guys phone lets have a million calls lets do this , so he can know how much power we have lets do this have all your friends an family call please this would help in the push to immigration reform. We all need this lets take action lets be part of this history. HP

Happyman0607 07-26-2013 01:58 AM

^ again, I been calling everyday, I strongly believe everyone else should as well.. People want change but no one wants to fight for it.. Thanks for the great post.

IamAman 07-26-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hp2design (Post 502564)
Im not from the Obama administration, I did copy and paste the information because I belong to the organization. I would like everyone to call just as they want you don't have to leave your name or status anyone can call press 1 to leave a message, and just tell him that you would like for him to allow the house to vote on the immigration reform and that the path to citizenship is what the country needs, this bill is the future of this country and a better economy. Please call I want to freeze this guys phone lets have a million calls lets do this , so he can know how much power we have lets do this have all your friends an family call please this would help in the push to immigration reform. We all need this lets take action lets be part of this history. HP

So why does this belong in the news section?

IamAman 07-26-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happyman0607 (Post 502558)
Doesn't have to be in your distric, you can just say you'd like to remain anonymous if they ask for any info...

By definition they are the representatives of their district unlike Senators who represent the entire state. Their top priority is to meet the needs of their constituents if they have specific issues. For general "we are outraged" type of calls, if they agree with the congressman, they go on the big file so he can use it to build support for his case and if he disagrees with you, they go on the pile in the trash. Not saying don't call but I'm not going to harass a congressman across state lines.