DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The News Room (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Biden, Hill Democrats plan to unveil immigration reform bill this week (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=84803)

Got_Daca 02-16-2021 09:54 AM

Re: Biden, Hill Democrats plan to unveil immigration reform bill this week

Still DOA though

Start hugging your parents

2Face 02-16-2021 11:51 AM

Hopefully they are not doing this just for show and actually have intentions of getting something passed. Expect UWD to come out full force against this. Their very existence is on the line with bills like this.

beingoflight 02-16-2021 12:05 PM

NPCs be all excited while this mofo is going to deport record number of ppl instead like Obama did.

We ain't gettin sht.

vft1008 02-16-2021 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beingoflight (Post 757476)
NPCs be all excited while this mofo is going to deport record number of ppl instead like Obama did.

We ain't gettin sht.

All I read was "Old man Biden bad"
Spoken like an NPC.

hDreamer1988 02-16-2021 01:26 PM

The bill they are unveiling is part of their two pronged approaches, CIR and Daca and Farm Labor. CIR is dead, no one has an interest in that but, Daca and farm labor have a chance, no matter how small.

2Face 02-16-2021 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vft1008 (Post 757477)
All I read was "Old man Biden bad"
Spoken like an NPC.

He's got a point.

Don't expect this to get done very quickly. It's going to require significant compromise and a piecemeal approach. Do not expect CIR. It has to be Dream Act first. It's going to require about 12-15 Republicans to pass. It is mathematically impossible to pass with only Dems.

hDreamer1988 02-16-2021 03:03 PM

That is why their bills are so left leaning. In their previous attempt, they started with what they considered a good compromise, border security, e-verify, and immigration cuts but the rights wanted far more... that killed the bill; they started center and tried to move right. Now their plan is to start left and try to move center. I am cautious of both party's extreme wings but I am still hope something can get done.

If a deal cannot be reached, at the minimum, protect daca by making it into law... Some people may not be happy about that at least it's safe from courts and executive actions.

2MoreYears 02-16-2021 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beingoflight (Post 757476)

We ain't gettin sht.

Victim mentality.

bigdreamer2010 02-16-2021 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hDreamer1988 (Post 757480)
That is why their bills are so left leaning. In their previous attempt, they started with what they considered a good compromise, border security, e-verify, and immigration cuts but the rights wanted far more... that killed the bill; they started center and tried to move right. Now their plan is to start left and try to move center. I am cautious of both party's extreme wings but I am still hope something can get done.

If a deal cannot be reached, at the minimum, protect daca by making it into law... Some people may not be happy about that at least it's safe from courts and executive actions.

lol there’s nothing extreme about passing a bill 74% of the country supports

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pew...ldren/%3famp=1

Even 75% support the entire 11 million undocumented population to have legal status. This whole “compromise/reach a deal” with the GOP is nonsense.

They are using minority rule to prevent popular legislation from passing. The country isn’t talking about e-verify, immigration cuts etc etc. Its only coming GOP officials who don’t want to pass the bill. Then their propoganda works so well that even undocumented people think a pathway to citizenship with no strings attatched is extreme, DOA, or a non starter, even though 74% of the country supports it. LOL!!!!!!

hDreamer1988 02-16-2021 05:58 PM

I have 0 issues with providing legal status for the 11M people in the country but that has no chancing of passing. That is the reality of our situation. Its not about propaganda, its about immigration reform that has an actual chance of becoming law.

Of that 74%, how many are republican, and in that republican subset, how many vote.

The main voting power in the GOP is coming from Trump's base right now, that is why they are kissing so much trump ass. Trump's base is anti-immigration. For politicians, it's all about getting re-elected. Adding all of the "security " on an immigration bill is the only way they feel they can vote yes and still get re-elected to office.