DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   I-485 AOS interview canceled by USCIS due to office closure ! (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=84713)

Vze77ach 01-16-2021 01:32 PM

I-485 AOS interview canceled by USCIS due to office closure !

How are you ! Dreamer fellows

I have my I-485 Adjustment of Status interview scheduled for Jan 19th. Yesterday I received notification from USCIS field office that my interview has been canceled due to inauguration event (see following notice pasted from USCIS website)

In-Person Services Suspended Jan. 19 and 20
USCIS is temporarily suspending in-person services at all field offices, asylum offices and application support centers on Jan. 19 and 20, to ensure the safety of our employees and for individuals with appointments.

USCIS will reschedule individuals who had appointments on Jan. 19 and 20 and send them notices with their new appointment dates.

Once USCIS reopens on Jan 21st, will USCIS prioritize all interviews scheduled for 19th and 20th ? Can you please share your thought or any similar experience you had? How fast does USCIS reschedule the interview normally ?

Thanks very much!

Dream becomes Reality 01-16-2021 01:59 PM

Re: I-485 AOS interview canceled by USCIS due to office closure !

I am very sorry to hear that, I know you must be very anxious to get the interview over with, hang in there.

My experience is a little different since it is from the summer of 2019 but I will share. We had to request a reschedule for my combo I-751 (Removal of Conditions) and N-400 (Application for Naturalization) appointment due to my due date being too close to the scheduled date.

They rescheduled me for 2.5 months later. I used that time to prepare even more for the interviews. Before I knew it, the interview day arrived.

I guess it varies, I hope you hear back very soon from them.

Demise 01-16-2021 04:03 PM

They will probably prioritize N-400s since they are supposed to get them done within a deadline. Other stuff they will push back to whenever there's an opening.

gzmn_ntn 01-16-2021 06:01 PM

I'm in the same boat, had my biometrics appointment on the 19th, they are saying uscis offices as well as support centers will be closed.

Demise 01-16-2021 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gzmn_ntn (Post 755612)
I'm in the same boat, had my biometrics appointment on the 19th, they are saying uscis offices as well as support centers will be closed.

With biometrics you can probably just do a walk-in either before or after. I'm sure that the guards would just shrug and let you in once you told them that the appointment got cancelled from under you due to the inauguration.

gzmn_ntn 01-16-2021 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demise (Post 755619)
With biometrics you can probably just do a walk-in either before or after. I'm sure that the guards would just shrug and let you in once you told them that the appointment got cancelled from under you due to the inauguration.

I'm hoping that's the case, but in the notice it specifically says that you won't be served if you don't have an appointment. Either way I just plan to show up on Thursday and see if they will take my fingerprints. Considering I have my court date on April it's pretty much cutting it short. So am hoping I can be served.

powerfitness 01-18-2021 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vze77ach (Post 755590)
How are you ! Dreamer fellows

I have my I-485 Adjustment of Status interview scheduled for Jan 19th. Yesterday I received notification from USCIS field office that my interview has been canceled due to inauguration event (see following notice pasted from USCIS website)

In-Person Services Suspended Jan. 19 and 20
USCIS is temporarily suspending in-person services at all field offices, asylum offices and application support centers on Jan. 19 and 20, to ensure the safety of our employees and for individuals with appointments.

USCIS will reschedule individuals who had appointments on Jan. 19 and 20 and send them notices with their new appointment dates.

Once USCIS reopens on Jan 21st, will USCIS prioritize all interviews scheduled for 19th and 20th ? Can you please share your thought or any similar experience you had? How fast does USCIS reschedule the interview normally ?

Thanks very much!

When did you file your paperwork? I filed last year in September, really hoping it gets done by EOY.

Vze77ach 01-19-2021 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powerfitness (Post 755691)
When did you file your paperwork? I filed last year in September, really hoping it gets done by EOY.

Dec 26th ,2019 USCIS RECEIVING DATE

powerfitness 01-19-2021 12:23 PM

Look like its about a year, hoping mine gets situated this year!