DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Suggestions (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   [Poll] Reputation system (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=12807)

GX01 10-04-2009 08:08 PM

[Poll] Reputation system

I have seen many negative comments on other people's profile. I think we should disable this reputation comment / ranking system. It seems like, people with negative comments are easily being pick on. This is a community to support each other, not to build a negative reputation on someone's profile and then people get piss off.

I don;t think we need any antagonistic character here.

Nick please consider to disable this feature.

Thanks.

unthinkable 10-04-2009 09:20 PM

Re: disable the reputation

Oh no! you thought you had it rough cuz of that one tiny little negative rep?, you got to learn and take it like a man with some culos. Take a deep breath, breathe it in, embrace the hate, bathe in it!!! Plus, let batches waste their time commenting on your profile, u'll laugh reading some of em. I didn't even know about this rep thing till somebody told me, lolz. i was practically rolling on the floor lauging my a* off. Trust me, this don't stay on your permanent record, its not like people are going to look at your profile to see if you qualify for green card. If they did, i would be effed up, down, left, right, side to side

unthinkable 10-04-2009 09:30 PM

you know what, i'll give you a positive rep, let me know if you want a cookie afterwards

GX01 10-04-2009 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieola (Post 143108)
No, you got to learn and take it like a man with some culos. Take a deep breath, breathe it in, embrace the hate, bathe in it!!! Plus, let batches waste their time commenting on your profile, u'll laugh reading some of em. I didn't even know about this rep thing till somebody told me, lolz. i was practically rolling on the floor lauging my a* off.

lmao i have read a similar reply on another thread lmao
nah, it wasn't about me. i don't care about my negative reputation. lmao

but if you browse around, so many people got negative reput.

juang 10-05-2009 12:40 AM

dont worry, if you want to get green representation the only thing you need to do is not show you agree with me on anything.

if you do agree with me on anything, sooner or later youll get a red presentation from a group of members in here.

Yes, I saw you're reputation and gave you a green one to cancel out the red.

unthinkable 10-05-2009 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juang (Post 143119)
dont worry, if you want to get green representation the only thing you need to do is not show you agree with me on anything.

if you do agree with me on anything, sooner or later youll get a red presentation from a group of members in here.

Yes, I saw you're reputation and gave you a green one to cancel out the red.

yeah, juang's kinda like this one kid who stands out from the crowd that everyones trying to avoid. hes kinda like a pile of manure that you have to avoid touching, kissing, or doing other things with it cuz u'll get 'it' all over yo body and everyones going to avoid that.

To Juang: No offense 'mamacita' you are i guess part of us, (just the part that we hate or trying to avoid, kinda like the crap we shiit out, it came from us but we avoid it) ;)

Nick 10-05-2009 12:05 PM

All kidding aside, I do have my doubts about the reputation system. It certainly did not have the effect I anticipated.

Lets see if there is enough interest in a poll...

laneDearIhope? 10-05-2009 01:03 PM

Re: [Poll] Reputation system

I like the reputation system. I feel it should stay.

juang 10-05-2009 01:22 PM

The reputation system is not fair once you have a number of members who just don't like your for your personality. Check my profile. I was kidding with deftbeta about the baby his wife is expecting being mine (we always horse around that way in the chatroom) and yet, dreamerhippie gave me a red mark without knowing it was an inside joke.

the same goes for VBJ2, h3wellet, youguysareawesome, and some others I dont remember right now. They only give me red reputation when most of the time I'm just kidding.

I say get rid of it.

Fish 10-05-2009 01:42 PM

The poll isn't very good. What if you want reputation to be left? I say keep it. It's funny.