DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Back from traveling with AP through DACA (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=36148)

buckminsterfullerene 12-21-2012 04:19 PM

Re: Back from traveling with AP through DACA

OP thank you for responding to questions and informing us of your success with AP.

msaccountant 12-21-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MannyGcia87 (Post 397991)
^^yes true, but with the AP you would then be able to leave and re-enter with out triggering the 3/10 year bar and would grant you legal entry into the US so you would not be considered EWI anymore, which would allow you to Adjust status with an immediate relative(marriage, parents, siblings).

Wait we can adjust through siblings? I was told that could only happen if you're younger than them...wth?

FlyinAgainstTheWind 12-21-2012 04:19 PM

^We are going to be able to receive AP the process is not yet completed. It is just a weird case that is why it was so hard to believe. So many incongruities. I think she just got lucky and her paralegal sister in law must be a badass. She should post what attorney she works for so we can go to him.

FlyinAgainstTheWind 12-21-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msaccountant (Post 397936)
I don't think it'll be necessary for you to do that. You've provided enough proof (again sorry if anyone called you a troll) but everyone's case will most likely be different so don't worry about it. Like I said everyone else should wait and please have a very good reason and speak with an attorney. :)

Ah I didn't think of that. But still makes them seem so lenient. Oh well, I'm not planning on doing this but for those of you who are be safe.

I guess only those of us that are married to a USC/have kids could adjust our status by doing this and everyone else won't be able to am I correct?

^Same thing I'm thinking oh well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by msaccountant (Post 397993)
Wait we can adjust through siblings? I was told that could only happen if you're younger than them...wth?

I don't think their age relative to yours matter but your age at the time they petition you does. Because it puts you in like a different category so your basically waiting 10 years or more. I'm still trying to decide if I should waste the money on the petition through my brothers or just wait for dream since it would probably be faster.

MDxOD 12-21-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinAgainstTheWind (Post 397998)
I don't think their age relative to yours matter but your age at the time they petition you does. Because it puts you in like a different category so your basically waiting 10 years or more. I'm still trying to decide if I should waste the money on the petition through my brothers or just wait for dream since it would probably be faster.

Hey, i was referring to this: http://dreamact.info/forum/showpost....94&postcount=8

But i think you may have answered it when you said something about the waiver lol.

Pianoswithoutfaith 12-21-2012 04:24 PM

Or both ! Lol

MadMan 12-21-2012 04:24 PM

Thanks OP.

MannyGcia87 12-21-2012 04:25 PM

yes you can file through your siblings, like flying said it would take years for a visa to become available, thats why i took it out lol

msaccountant 12-21-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinAgainstTheWind (Post 397998)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MannyGcia87 (Post 398005)
yes you can file through your siblings, like flying said it would take years for a visa to become available, thats why i took it out lol

Oh okay now I understand. Well I'll probably wait for the DA instead besides it'll be sometime before my siblings could petition me. lol

FlyinAgainstTheWind 12-21-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nesto90 (Post 397987)
Well USCIS gave us the ability of AP to leave the country not to AOS

But the fact you re-enter with AP counts as entering with inspection. So, it makes it easier to AOS within the country.