DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Back from traveling with AP through DACA (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=36148)

MannyGcia87 12-21-2012 04:12 AM

Re: Back from traveling with AP through DACA

Advanced parole are generally accepted for pending i-485 applications, are your sure your sister didn't file a i-485 on your behalf in order to qualify for AP? I'm not really sure how the DACA allows you to apply for AP as you would not qualify for adjusting status. as for you being able to come back with just showing the AP document and getting the i-94 at the border crossing is correct, however im curious as to why they didn't stamp your passport with the i-94.

***EDIT**
Ahhh never mind doing a little searching would have helped lol, according to the uscis website about DACA:
"Application procedures for advance parole for individuals with deferred action are being finalized. USCIS expects to incorporate those requirements into USCIS Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, in the near future and will inform the public when the new form is available. Should you have a compelling need to travel outside the United States before the new instructions are issued for reasons related to your current employment, education or humanitarian purposes, you may submit Form I-131 and request advance parole from USCIS by attaching a copy of your DACA approval Form I-797, and a letter that explains your compelling need to travel to your application and send it.."

The wording in bold and yellow are the most important. so i guess it is possible, and since she is married to a USC she has a Visa immediately available to her and with the i-94 she has proof the last time she entered was legally which would allow her to adjust status as she would then not be subject to the grounds for inadmissibility , brilliant!

mayito 12-21-2012 04:12 AM

Lol this is like the December 21 2012 conspiracy

FlyinAgainstTheWind 12-21-2012 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccerlilly03 (Post 397667)
I am going to sleep I will check back tomorrow if anyone has any questions I dont mind answering them but its 2am here and my son will be up in a couple of hours. I got to say I felt so excited to share the news (trying to do it since I got back but It wouldnt let me post anything and barely today I got an "activate email") now I dont feel excited at all it is sad that people are so afraid to accept good news but I understand I was too at first when deferred action came about I had gave up hope since they had talked about dream act since I was in high school but never actually past. I am glad we get to do so many things now I actually have a license!!!! and I went to my hometown (Monterrey) and got to see family member I havent seen in 18 years! Good luck to anyone doing AP!!

And @Flyinagainstthewind you did not make me feel welcomed in this forum at all. Seems to me like you already have all the answers since you're so quick to question anything I said but Im glad if I could help at least one person

I'm not trying to make you feel unwelcomed. But, I'm here to protect our own. You are not helping a single soul if we can't verify the information you are providing is true and correct. There are many inconsistencies in your statements that make it questionable. You weren't saying much first of all except don't question me. Please post pictures of your documents.

soccerlilly03 12-21-2012 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tovicmar (Post 397655)
Well, look at this on the bright side, now you know what a "troll" and "EAD" means.. Of course if you in fact are a troll (Which I still retain some inquietude about it), you probably knew all this already.

But forget about that.. Back to the questioner.

Which center Processed your DACA application? Receipt Number?
Which center processed your AP application? Which was kinda fast, according to your previous statements.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinAgainstTheWind (Post 397664)
Troll. First of all the AP paper doesn't say I-797 on top is an I-512L. Please post pictures of your documents. It just seems to good to be true!

oh so you got your AP paper already too? or how do you know thats what it says Im looking at it right now nowhere on this paper does it say I-512

soccerlilly03 12-21-2012 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinAgainstTheWind (Post 397672)
I'm not trying to make you feel unwelcomed. But, I'm here to protect our own. You are not helping a single soul if we can't verify the information you are providing is true and correct. There are many inconsistencies in your statements that make it questionable. You weren't saying much first of all. Please post pictures of your documents.

Well thats not how you all are coming across and the reason i cant post pics is cause im on my laptop in my room with my husband and two year old asleep next to me. I will do so tomorrow if thats what it takes after that im not coming back to this forum!

FlyinAgainstTheWind 12-21-2012 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayito (Post 397671)
Lol this is like the December 21 2012 conspiracy

Except this has real consequences for people and their lives. Hundreds of people read this forum every day and not all of them are on here.

FlyinAgainstTheWind 12-21-2012 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccerlilly03 (Post 397674)
Well thats not how you all are coming across and the reason i cant post pics is cause im on my laptop in my room with my husband and two year old asleep next to me. I will do so tomorrow if thats what it takes after that im not coming back to this forum!

Well sorry. But please prove me wrong and I will give you a deep apology.

nesto90 12-21-2012 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccerlilly03 (Post 397673)
oh so you got your AP paper already too? or how do you know thats what it says Im looking at it right now nowhere on this paper does it say I-512

Congratulations on your successful AP trip! And welcome to the DAP! That said flyinginthewind is just being cautious because you changed your approval dates by a significant margin

Malign0n 12-21-2012 04:21 AM

Just an FYI, the approval for AP is an I797 Notice.... Everything seems to be reasonable.. Anyways OP, congrats if you were approved for AP and I don't see any bad intentions with your post, it is ultimately up to the individual to undertake such a risky process. (Disclaimer: Those who travel with AP are still at risk and are subject to Inspection so make your choices accordingly)

FlyinAgainstTheWind 12-21-2012 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccerlilly03 (Post 397673)

Because advanced parole is an I-512 and the paper should state that.

FlyinAgainstTheWind 12-21-2012 04:25 AM

http://www.avlawoffice.com/USCISNowI...aroleCards.htm

http://www.olenderpham.com/Immigrati...vance%20Parole

Malign0n 12-21-2012 04:26 AM

And you're positive that it says that on the top of the form?

EDIT: okay, I see...

MannyGcia87 12-21-2012 04:34 AM

@FlyinAgainstTheWind that is for the card, what i think she is referring to is the i-797 NOA letter which would work as an approved AP along with her EAD for photo id.

FlyinAgainstTheWind 12-21-2012 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MannyGcia87 (Post 397685)
@FlyinAgainstTheWind that is for the card, what i think she is referring to is the i-797 NOA letter which would work as an approved AP along with her EAD for photo id.

No, she is saying she just used a paper. Did you click on the second link.? She also stated she did not use an EAD for an id. Go back to pg 1 and start reading from there. That is why it is all hard to believe. Can you change what you bolded to another color I can't read it in yellow.

Edit: Ok. I was able to read it in yellow. Took tons of concentration. You would not receive a visa though. you would get AP doc even if you are married to a USC if you were EWI.

Munguiacapi25 12-21-2012 04:38 AM

One way to verify is to give us the advance parole receipt number so we could check it at uscis. It doesnt give us personal info. Im sure your processing center is california.

MannyGcia87 12-21-2012 04:56 AM

true you would not receive a visa with just an AP, however if she files her AOS application(i-130, i-485) she is entitled to a visa right away as marriage based visas are available without waiting in line. and since she is not subject to the bar (which means no need for 601 waiver)by entering legally she may apply for AOS.

FlyinAgainstTheWind 12-21-2012 05:03 AM

^^^Yes, we know that. But, that is not what I'm questioning. I only mentioned 601 waivers at the beginning to let others that are married to USC such as Arclite that they might not need AP to apply if the new waiver rule comes in January.

MannyGcia87 12-21-2012 05:13 AM

why would you even try for a waiver if you could apply for AP leave and enter and be ok to Adjust your status? waivers are a pain in the A. Im married to a USC and was gonna have to go through consular processing, so i know how hard it was gonna be to get that waiver approved, even if it was here in the states. however i was lucky and found out i qualified for 245i at the last minute lol. see it doesn't matter that she was EWI because what matters is the last time she entered which would be with inspection aka legally, so if it is true that she was able to leave and come back then people who are married to USC don't need to go through the consular process

FlyinAgainstTheWind 12-21-2012 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MannyGcia87 (Post 397699)
why would you even try for a waiver if you could apply for AP leave and enter and be ok to Adjust your status? waivers are a pain in the A. Im married to a USC and was gonna have to go through consular processing, so i know how hard it was gonna be to get that waiver approved, even if it was here in the states. however i was lucky and found out i qualified for 245i at the last minute lol. see it doesn't matter that she was EWI because what matters is the last time she entered which would be with inspection aka legally, so if it is true that she was able to leave and come back then people who are married to USC don't need to go through the consular process

Yes, But for AP you have to fulfill the one of the 3 categories. Not all people will be able to do that.
http://dreamact.info/forum/showthrea...dvanced+parole

Pianoswithoutfaith 12-21-2012 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinAgainstTheWind (Post 397583)
How did you get ap so early if the rules for AP for DACA are not out yet?

lmao I was just thinking the same thing

Pianoswithoutfaith 12-21-2012 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccerlilly03 (Post 397627)
oh you mean my work permit card? Yeah I have that but I did not present it. My sister in law told me to only show my approval letter adn teh AP form with my mexico passport and to only show additional paperwork if I was asked for it. Believe me I had a binder full of documentation including the complete copy of my DACA application and my AP application.

PERMIT CARD

it literally says

Employment Authorization Card on top of the actual card

okay yeah this is a troll topic

lol
almost felt for it

Pianoswithoutfaith 12-21-2012 05:20 AM

my approval letter

LOL.........................................

MannyGcia87 12-21-2012 05:20 AM

@Pianoswithoutfaith
From USCIS website for DACA:
"Application procedures for advance parole for individuals with deferred action are being finalized. USCIS expects to incorporate those requirements into USCIS Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, in the near future and will inform the public when the new form is available. Should you have a compelling need to travel outside the United States before the new instructions are issued for reasons related to your current employment, education or humanitarian purposes, you may submit Form I-131 and request advance parole from USCIS by attaching a copy of your DACA approval Form I-797, and a letter that explains your compelling need to travel to your application and send it to:

If mailing using U.S. Postal Service:

USCIS
P.O. Box 5757
Chicago, IL 60680-5757.."

@FlyinAgainstTheWind true but others will qualify for it and it can help them.

Pianoswithoutfaith 12-21-2012 05:22 AM

Still not buying it

"I dont know what that is oh THAT?"

this killed it for me

titandreamer 12-21-2012 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 397705)
Still not buying it

"I dont know what that is oh THAT?"

this killed it for me

agreed. lol. it's hard to believe that someone who was approved DACA so early on (meaning she was also one of the very first to successfully apply), has a sister in law parallegal, AND who also supposedly successfully applied for AP would not know what an EAD is..........

OP *google search EAD* OH! PERMIT CARD

FlyinAgainstTheWind 12-21-2012 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MannyGcia87 (Post 397704)
@Pianoswithoutfaith
From USCIS website for DACA:
"Application procedures for advance parole for individuals with deferred action are being finalized. USCIS expects to incorporate those requirements into USCIS Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, in the near future and will inform the public when the new form is available. Should you have a compelling need to travel outside the United States before the new instructions are issued for reasons related to your current employment, education or humanitarian purposes, you may submit Form I-131 and request advance parole from USCIS by attaching a copy of your DACA approval Form I-797, and a letter that explains your compelling need to travel to your application and send it to:

If mailing using U.S. Postal Service:

USCIS
P.O. Box 5757
Chicago, IL 60680-5757.."

@FlyinAgainstTheWind true but others will qualify for it and it can help them.

Yes, But is not what I'm arguing. First, the first comment I posted was for Arclite. Basically saying there is AP and the new waiver that is set to come out early in the year. Secondly. Like I said you would still have to have compelling humanitiarian reasons to be granted AP, educational, or work reasons. So, All I'm saying is there are two ways to do it if you have a close USC immediate relative.

Edit: I mean the first comment I made about the 601 waiver not my first comment.

Pianoswithoutfaith 12-21-2012 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titandreamer (Post 397707)
agreed. lol. it's hard to believe that someone who was approved DACA so early on (meaning she was also one of the very first to successfully apply), has a sister in law parallegal, AND who also supposedly successfully applied for AP would not know what an EAD is..........

OP *google search EAD* OH! PERMIT CARD

Yeah it says Employment authorization document on top of the card. Its EAD I have NEVER heard anyone called it a permit before lol

FlyinAgainstTheWind 12-21-2012 05:37 AM

I've called it a work permit before. But, is just hard to believe border agents would not ask for a work permit or passport with a visa or LPR card. You know. The AP document supposedly says I-797 on top.

MannyGcia87 12-21-2012 05:38 AM

lol ya but what im saying is that for those who will qualify it will benefit them greatly. the more options the better i guess. i do agree with you on the whole facts of the OP, until she can show something to prove her story no one should follow through with anything, but in theory if she was granted AP that is good news for a lucky few.

FlyinAgainstTheWind 12-21-2012 05:41 AM

^Ok. Well, finally on the same page. lol.

Pianoswithoutfaith 12-21-2012 05:43 AM

Every single lawyer I have talked to has called for it for what it is an EAD not permit card lol

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD

Ctrl+F Permit

NOT FOUND

FlyinAgainstTheWind 12-21-2012 05:48 AM

Ok. Past my bedtime. The East Coast people will be waking up soon. I would like their opinion on the matter.

MannyGcia87 12-21-2012 05:48 AM

lol ya, but i find it kinda surprising that USCIS would even allow DACA beneficiaries to obtain the AP in the first place since it would basically grant them legal entry to the US lol good for us i guess.

Pianoswithoutfaith 12-21-2012 05:50 AM

we still don't know how that would work actually since DHS/USCIS is completely changing AP for us they might have a clause that prevents us from fixing our status. Since it was made broad that DACA did NOT open a path to LPR/USC status so it will be interesting!!

MannyGcia87 12-21-2012 06:01 AM

no it wouldn't alone, but an AP in conjunction with a i-130 petition by a immediate family member(USC) it would!

Pianoswithoutfaith 12-21-2012 06:09 AM

how fast would that take?

My sister is a USC actually all my sisters LOL and are above 21

Pianoswithoutfaith 12-21-2012 06:12 AM

how would AP and i130 work?

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130faq

MDxOD 12-21-2012 06:15 AM

@pianos many people call it a work permit, especially people from the 80s/90s.

@flyin in one of your first posts you said somethig about a new i-130? Can you elaborate on this a bit?

@ianus what im about to ask might be a bit awkward lol. yeah youre right in that during the interview to confirm the marriage is valid, they take the i94 from the original passport it was stapled to. My only concern is for siblings who have come here when they were children and have their i94's stapled to one of the parents' passport (including their own i94) i have heard that they pull out all of the i94s (siblings + parent) and the judge signs the passport. Have you ever heard this? I feel like it might be problematic if the judge takes all of them instead of just the person who is interviewing. After all the other sibling may presumably try to marriage aos later on or the parent might need it.

Happyman0607 12-21-2012 06:27 AM

I don't believe OP recieved AP, show us documents that you did.

FlyinAgainstTheWind 12-21-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDxOD (Post 397738)
@pianos many people call it a work permit, especially people from the 80s/90s.

@flyin in one of your first posts you said somethig about a new i-130? Can you elaborate on this a bit?

@ianus what im about to ask might be a bit awkward lol. yeah youre right in that during the interview to confirm the marriage is valid, they take the i94 from the original passport it was stapled to. My only concern is for siblings who have come here when they were children and have their i94's stapled to one of the parents' passport (including their own i94) i have heard that they pull out all of the i94s (siblings + parent) and the judge signs the passport. Have you ever heard this? I feel like it might be problematic if the judge takes all of them instead of just the person who is interviewing. After all the other sibling may presumably try to marriage aos later on or the parent might need it.

do you mean my comment on the 601? Can you quote the comment your referring to?

The new 601 rule is set to come out late this year they said but is looking like early next year. It basically allows a USC immediate relative to request a waiver of inadmissibility without the person leaving the country like in the past people had to leave the county and go to ciudad juarez if your mexican and go to their meetings there. Now, you will start the petition process through you I-130 then when you get the appointment (or prior to your appoinment I belive the final rule is not out yet)your USC sponsor will fill a new waiver form i think it will be 601A requesting to let you finish the process in the USA