DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Back from traveling with AP through DACA (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=36148)

JJ Glo 12-21-2012 12:38 PM

Re: Back from traveling with AP through DACA

IF this thread is real, I want to know what the letter from the doctor said. Was it just one, or many.

soccerlilly03 12-21-2012 12:40 PM

Ok I'm back (at the risk of being called names again) I don'tknow how to post pictures. Can someone let me know how? Thanks

lyrad89 12-21-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccerlilly03 (Post 397795)
Ok I'm back (at the risk of being called names again) I don'tknow how to post pictures. Can someone let me know how? Thanks

upload at imageshack.us

soccerlilly03 12-21-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munguiacapi25 (Post 397687)
One way to verify is to give us the advance parole receipt number so we could check it at uscis. It doesnt give us personal info. Im sure your processing center is california.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ Glo (Post 397793)
IF this thread is real, I want to know what the letter from the doctor said. Was it just one, or many.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyrad89 (Post 397800)
upload at imageshack.us

well it work from my phone? or do I need to get in my computer?

soccerlilly03 12-21-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munguiacapi25 (Post 3976)
One way to verify is to give us the advance parole receipt number so we could check it at uscis. It doesnt give us personal info. Im sure your processing center is california.

Here's the receipt number
src1390032660 and I swear I think you were the nicest to me on here everyone is so rude! sorry if I don't know the terminology geez

arcane 12-21-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccerlilly03 (Post 397578)
Hi everyone I am new to this forum. I just wanted to write to share my experience through Advance parole. I applied for DACA on August 16, received my card by September and SSN/Drivers license within a two weeks of getting it. I applied for AP on October 25 and received my approval by November 24th. I traveled right away since they only gave me till December 22nd. Came back December 14th with no issues. I knew it was a huge risk but I was willing to take it. My grandmother is ill and her health is quickly deterioration. I am EWI and married to a US citizen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccerlilly03 (Post 397661)
Lol Im still unsure what a troll really means I feel as if I should feel offended though.

I sent both applications to the USCIS Dallas Lockbox in Lewisville, TX . I paid extra to have it send overnight both time, which seemed crazy to the post office person helping me since I live like 30 minutes away lol. I sent everything I had my school records copy of my high school diploma and associates degree I have a 2 yr old so I sent his birth certificate and the house deed which is in both my husbands and my name, our taxes, bank statements,marriage license even my insurance card! lol I received my biometrics appt. for september 8th it took no more than 10 minutes. I got approved my approval notice october 2nd but knew before since my husband would check online EVERYDAY lol I applied for Advance Parole on October 25th application I-131 recieved the Form november 24th but got approved november 21st!

So your biometrics were on Sept. 8th, and RECEIVED EAD in Sept, yet you mentioned you received approval letter on Oct. 2nd. How is it possible to receive EAD prior to being approved???????

and why didnt you take your US DL? Wouldnt that help solidify your identity upon return? Just saying, Mexican passport, AP "approval letter", EAD, and DACA approval letter would give you more credibility if agents were in doubt.

soccerlilly03 12-21-2012 01:08 PM

Mod edit:

soccerlilly03 12-21-2012 01:11 PM

http:// http://imageshack.us/a/img14...1221103734.jpg

soccerlilly03 12-21-2012 01:12 PM

I'm trying to upload the pics let me see if anyone can see the cause from my phone it just looks blank

freshh. 12-21-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccerlilly03 (Post 397822)
MOD EDIT: Re-sized image, but link to original is still available.

http://imageshack.us/a/img195/874/20121221103408.jpg

Original image
this is the 1-94 being it is the advance parole document I covered only my info

Fixed it for you. And re-sized it. That was huge.

mayito 12-21-2012 01:13 PM

Lol its true

nesto90 12-21-2012 01:14 PM

Good thing this is such a welcoming site

freshh. 12-21-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nesto90 (Post 397832)
Good thing this is such a welcoming site

You have to understand the skepticism, though. It didn't happen unless there is proof. Everyone could take her word for it and then we'd end up with a bunch of folks barred from the U.S. just because they decided to take some random stranger from the Internet's word as the truth.

FlyinAgainstTheWind 12-21-2012 01:22 PM

Ok. Soccerlilly. Thank you for that. your dates seemed a little off, and I still don't understand why you would not show your EAD or DL. But, you have shown proof. I'm deeply and sincerely sorry. But I thought you were fashionfreak (from texas) or Mexicandude...A catfish and troll. AP is an I-512L but yours says I-797 so I wonder if there is a change and now is just and I-797 notice of action.

Oranges 12-21-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinAgainstTheWind (Post 397841)
Ok. Soccerlilly. Thank you for that. your dates seemed a little off, and I still don't understand why you would not show your EAD or DL. But, you have shown proof. I'm deeply and sincerely sorry. But I thought you were fashionfreak (from texas) or Mexicandude...A catfish and troll. AP is an I-512L but yours says I-797 so I wonder if there is a change and now is just and I-797 notice of action.

It's a notice saying her parole was approved. It is not the parole document itself.

arclite 12-21-2012 01:32 PM

This reminds of the thread of when NOTYETKNOWN got approved. No one belieived him and started calling him a troll because he was new to the forum and everyone thought DACA would take 4+ months for the first approvals. It wasnt until Notapro and others started getting approvals that people started to realized he wasnt lying.

nesto90 12-21-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freshh. (Post 397839)
You have to understand the skepticism, though. It didn't happen unless there is proof. Everyone could take her word for it and then we'd end up with a bunch of folks barred from the U.S. just because they decided to take some random stranger from the Internet's word as the truth.

I was also skeptical but we can only ask for proof and maybe receive it. Lets not burn bridges before we have to

badreligion 12-21-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ Glo (Post 397793)

Please answer this! Thanks!

FlyinAgainstTheWind 12-21-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oranges (Post 397848)
It's a notice saying her parole was approved. It is not the parole document itself.

Yes, But in march the I-797 was changed not to resemble papers that show any type of immigration benefit. So, you see that's why it didn't make any sense. That means they messed up when they printed the paper.

FlyinAgainstTheWind 12-21-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nesto90 (Post 397855)
I was also skeptical but we can only ask for proof and maybe receive it. Lets not burn bridges before we have to

Every time I give people the benefit of the doubt they turn out to be trolls. So, no dude our lives are at stake here. Thousands of people read the forum. Is like when the whole service request thing started to....don't get me started on that.

soccerlilly03 12-21-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcane (Post 397821)
So your biometrics were on Sept. 8th, and RECEIVED EAD in Sept, yet you mentioned you received approval letter on Oct. 2nd. How is it possible to receive EAD prior to being approved???????

and why didnt you take your US DL? Wouldnt that help solidify your identity upon return? Just saying, Mexican passport, AP "approval letter", EAD, and DACA approval letter would give you justmore credibility if agents were in doubt.

Quote:

I just listened to my sister in law she has worked for an immigration lawyer for over 10 yrs. I wasn't gonna question her she did all my paperwork for free all I had to do was give her the things she requested, she translated and notarized everything. She told me to only show those document because those are the ones they are familiar with and lesslikely to question. If they requested my DL or card I had them at hand.

Dream becomes Reality 12-21-2012 01:40 PM

Congrats Soccerlilly03! I can't help but notice that the reason for your Parole is ''AOS'' which means Adjustment of Status (as far as I know), are you sure that you weren't granted Advanced Parole based on a petition that is Current (meaning that there is a Visa number available for you)? Having DACA may have helped the process but it may not be the sole purpose as to why it (the Advanced Parole),was granted to you.
I still have a ''feeling'' that some important details that'll provide more clarity for us have not yet been stated, especially since everyone's case is different.

soccerlilly03 12-21-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dream becomes Reality (Post 397864)
Congrats Soccerlilly03! I can't help but notice that the reason for your Parole is ''AOS'' which means Adjustment of Status (as far as I know), are you sure that you weren't granted Advanced Parole based on a petition that is Current (meaning that there is a Visa number available for you)? Having DACA may have helped the process but it may not be the sole purpose as to why it (the Advanced Parole),was granted to you.

no I don't have any petition or application my husband and I were waiting because I didn't want to have to leave. My brother did it that way and it took him over a year to get his waiver.

msaccountant 12-21-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccerlilly03 (Post 397637)
I see that! it is really sad actually I was just trying to help. I dont know if i want to put my information in the internet like that a picture and my document(both contain my addresson them). Seriously! I think I will just stop writing Im very discouraged by this forum I thought people would be happy to hear someone was able to get AP and come back safely instead of calling me a troll lol, believe me I searched for anyone who had done it before I left because I was so scared and noone had posted anything now I see why.

Well congratulations if it's what you wanted and if it will help you then good for you. You are new to the forum so you really don't understand that some people are very young here (including me) and they might take things like these for face value and in the end it could've all been a lie. Not calling you a liar but we all need to protect ourselves and each other. There's people that don't sign in to the forum and just read what we post and we wouldn't want someone to risk not being able to come back just because someone decided to pull a 'troll' on all of us. This seems to not be the case sometimes so please do not feel offended in any way. You're undocumented just like us and you should know how things are when it comes to our status.

Not that I don't believe you and I'm happy for you but USCIS seems to be very lenient when it comes to AP applicants I really thought they were going to be a lot more strict. Well to all those that want to travel please wait till they're done with the new stuff they're doing and don't go crazy with it.

Oh and by the way you might be the first person to do this so maybe that's why you see no one posting about this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nesto90 (Post 397855)

I love that Flying was cautious we all have to be, there's really nothing wrong with that and since we are all undocumented we should understand that being cautious is important. Or else we'll be back where we were born...:roll:

Also I hope this whole AP stuff doesn't make my EAD take longer to get here! :mad: jaaaaaaaaaykay

Dres2011 12-21-2012 01:47 PM

^^^ That AOS caught my eye...

Oranges 12-21-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinAgainstTheWind (Post 397859)
Yes, But in march the I-797 was changed not to resemble papers that show any type of immigration benefit. So, you see that's why it didn't make any sense. That means they messed up when they printed the paper.

Are you talking about it being printed on white paper? She did get a benefit, she got parole. I got two I-797s recently in the same type of paper as hers as well as plain bond paper(white paper) for other things. All I know is they are greenish color like hers and it's not a mistake. Whenever they approve something they send it that color.

soccerlilly03 12-21-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dream becomes Reality (Post 397864)
I still have a ''feeling'' that some important details that'll provide more clarity for us have not yet been stated, especially since everyone's case is different.

Quote:

Originally Posted by badreligion (Post 397858)
Please answer this! Thanks!

sorry I'm on my phone its hard to keep up. I sent only 1 paper it explained in great detailwhat she has and her info and it is signedby her doctor. My sisn'law translated it and we sent both original and translation I will try to post a pic of the cover letter later today.

Dream becomes Reality 12-21-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccerlilly03 (Post 397867)
no I don't have any petition or application my husband and I were waiting because I didn't want to have to leave. My brother did it that way and it took him over a year to get his waiver.

Did you have the chance to go over the Advanced Parole application paperwork that was submitted through your sister? Maybe the fact that you have a U.S. Citizen immediate relative (your husband) and a U.S. Citizen child helped make a compelling case for you. Nothing has ever been filed for you with immigration besides DACA? Sorry for all the questions, I appreciate you sharing your experience with us.

Ianus 12-21-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MannyGcia87 (Post 397726)
lol ya, but i find it kinda surprising that USCIS would even allow DACA beneficiaries to obtain the AP in the first place since it would basically grant them legal entry to the US lol good for us i guess.

One doesn't necessarily have to be a DACA beneficiary to be approved AP.One can also have a pending case for Adjustment of Status and can apply for AP that way as well.If the latter for sure the individual will more than likely be allowed in so I assume Flying is just being cautious by asking for details.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 397728)
we still don't know how that would work actually since DHS/USCIS is completely changing AP for us they might have a clause that prevents us from fixing our status. Since it was made broad that DACA did NOT open a path to LPR/USC status so it will be interesting!!

No they're not,AP is AP.They can't change it to suit only one set of individuals that would be against the law.USCIS seems to be issuing regulations to streamline the process for DACA beneficiaries.It has also always been possible since AP existed but DHS I believe didn't think it counted until sued in court successfully.
Quote:

@ianus what im about to ask might be a bit awkward lol. yeah youre right in that during the interview to confirm the marriage is valid, they take the i94 from the original passport it was stapled to. My only concern is for siblings who have come here when they were children and have their i94's stapled to one of the parents' passport (including their own i94) i have heard that they pull out all of the i94s (siblings + parent) and the judge signs the passport. Have you ever heard this? I feel like it might be problematic if the judge takes all of them instead of just the person who is interviewing. After all the other sibling may presumably try to marriage aos later on or the parent might need it.
The I-94's that are in the Parent's passport should still count as a legal entry document for the children because DHS creates a file on all non-citizen Aliens they encounter and the I-94 documents in question would go to each respective individual's A-file showcasing a record of legal entry.

Concerning the issue of an I-797 that is atypical USCIS procedure where they give updates on a person's case through a Notice of Action[I-797] whether updates or approvals,however the latter counts as an official document and can be used so the OP seemed legit.

FlyinAgainstTheWind 12-21-2012 01:53 PM

^^^yup...but ok. It just seemed interesting whit the direction she was given and all plus dates and the I-797 instead of the I-512. But, she says she has no knowledge of how her paperwork was filed. It just seems like she has an AOS app waiting for her?

Soccerlilly did you come in with a Visa to the United States during your first entry?

I'm going to repeat what MsAccountant says. Yolo now or just wait for our process to be done.

Ianus 12-21-2012 01:57 PM

@soccerlilly03,You're the first individual here who has confirmed the issue of going from Entry without Inspection and converting that to Legal entry.Over the last few months this has only really been theory but you're the first confirmed individual on DAP to make the immigration theory of EWI conversion to Legal entry reality.

There are many individuals here with situations like yours but as mentioned earlier in the thread you're gonna be asked a lot of questions,lol! Cheers and Congrats!

FlyinAgainstTheWind 12-21-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oranges (Post 397871)
Are you talking about it being printed on white paper? She did get a benefit, she got parole. I got two I-797s recently in the same type of paper as hers as well as plain bond paper(white paper) for other things. All I know is they are greenish color like hers and it's not a mistake. Whenever they approve something they send it that color.

I mean the form of the I-797 and the label more importantly. The actual AP paper you take with you says I-512 on top. Kind of like when you get the ead. You get your I-797's and then get the actual ead. So for AP. You would get your I-797 but then the actual 512 paper or if you are applying for the combo ead/ap the card.

soccerlilly03 12-21-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinAgainstTheWind (Post 397875)
^^^yup...but ok. It just seemed interesting whit the direction she was given and all plus dates and the I-797 instead of the I-512. But, she says she has no knowledge of how her paperwork was filed. It just seems like she has an AOS app waiting for her?

Soccerlilly did you come in with a Visa to the United States during your first entry?

I'm going to repeat what MsAccountant says. Yolo now or just wait for our process to be done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dream becomes Reality (Post 397873)
Did you have the chance to go over the Advanced Parole application paperwork that was submitted through your sister? Maybe the fact that you have a U.S. Citizen immediate relative (your husband) and a U.S. Citizen child helped make a compelling case for you. Nothing has ever been filed for you with immigration besides DACA? Sorry for all the questions, I appreciate you sharing your experience with us.

yes I looked over paperwork and no I don't have ANY filings besides DACA.

and I didn't come in with a visa if that were the case my husband would have petitionedfor me years ago.

Pianoswithoutfaith 12-21-2012 02:12 PM

Wow she delivered!!!!

This is the good news!!! Its a a Christmas holiday miracle

Sdreamer11 12-21-2012 02:15 PM

@soccerlilly03 Congrats & thanks for sharing the info with all of us. I know the circumstances were not ideal but going back to your country and seeing your family must have been quite a feeling. Bitter/sweet type thing for you, hope your grandma is recovering from her health issues.

immarcj 12-21-2012 02:21 PM

OP

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...0/22282411.jpg

Pianoswithoutfaith 12-21-2012 02:25 PM

delivering usually means posting more than one picture man how had she included a video of her trip

Now that would be something else but that a pushing it too much

FlyinAgainstTheWind 12-21-2012 02:28 PM

She said she is going to include approval letter later. I wonder if anybody ever petition for her as a child. It is still a little weird that they were so lenient. But, i agree with dream maybe the fact she is married to a USC with a USC child made the difference. Maybe CBP and USCIS realized that she would be eligible for AOS after entry. It is the only thing that could really explain it.

immarcj 12-21-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 397898)
delivering usually means posting more than one picture man how had she included a video of her trip

Now that would be something else but that a pushing it too much

Or a picture with one of the immigration officers at the port of entry, now that would complete my life lol

Pianoswithoutfaith 12-21-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinAgainstTheWind (Post 397899)
She said she is going to include approval letter later. I wonder if anybody ever petition for her as a child. It is still a little weird that they were so lenient. But, i agree with dream maybe the fact she is married to a USC with a USC child made the difference. Maybe CBP and USCIS realized that she would be eligible for AOS after entry. It is the only thing that could really explain it.

yeah I was talking to my sister in law about this. Since it is up to them when you get back. But if you dont have any of that it might be harder for the rest us who dont want tto married and have kids hmm