DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Taking Action (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Proposing A Plan(convoking All Dreamers) (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=18699)

HOPEINTHEFACEOFDIFFICULTY 12-11-2010 01:09 AM

Proposing A Plan(convoking All Dreamers)

1 Attachment(s)
Hola como les va... hi as we all know this is our last opportunity to act, this is why we have to do everything possible to make the Dream Act pass the Senate. All of us are calling, and that's a great move, but let's realize that that certain senator called will receive the number and statistics that called in favored of it, but that's it; it's up to them whether to choose yes or no.

What i am proposing is to write an essay or an script that will somehow will reach all of them. I don't know if you have to try this before. Therefore, At the beginning of a debate in the senate i have seen that they say something of a speech, and this is the moment where this could be delivered or maybe sending a copy of the script to all their houses and posting everywhere since is is a document(everyone can see it and read it). What better than us that we live through it and describe it, than those that haven't live through all this. We have few days, in fact they are hours. For it to expand out to the public, there would not be any problem since I know there is someone right here that could make this public. Don't forget that even though those of this that do this, WE STILL HAVE TO CALL SENATORS IS VERY IMPORTANT!ITS TIME TO MAKE OUR DREAM COME TRUE, AND THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN IF WE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

So far, I had a persuasive presentation in my communication class earlier today which i presented to all my classmates which talked about the Dream Act. I will post this speech script right here(it is not perfect, it still needs a lot of work), you can change things to it, correct it, erase, add things. Since we want something that is effective and persuasive, just make our work working with my script and then post to see if this is something effective, we will vote on it. Everyone can do it, we have few hours....since we need time to make it avaliable to the public and post it everywhere!

NO HAY Q DARNOS POR VENCIDOS NADA LLEGA FACIL, HAY QUE LEVANTARNOS TODOS UNIDOS

If you need help how to write this, there is one of greatest speech from Barack Obama that will help how to persuade( WE WANT THE GREATEST SPEECH POSSIBLE IN ORDER TO PERSUADE SENATORS): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWynt87PaJ0

Here is my script:

cooltalker 12-13-2010 01:46 PM

Re: Proposing A Plan(convoking All Dreamers)

Very persuasive speech, however I would just add a few things to clear other misconceptions that are spread about the Dream Act:

*Applying for the Dream Act does NOT mean an applicant cannot be deported even if she or he is a criminal. The act simply states that an applicant cannot be deported simply for coming out of the “shadows” at the time of the application (which is common sense).

*The opposition seems to be worried be worried about the chain migration issue however, the parents would have to go back to their country for 10 years after their child has sponsored them. So this would take at least 23 years before anyone could be sponsored.

*The new House version requires applicants to pay a $525 application fee, and after five years they would have to pay another $2000 for an extension of 5 years.
Let's say a million people apply than ,$2,525,000,000 would go in the funding of the Dream Act.

*The notion that the dream act is not needed because illegals can already serve in the military to legalize is NOT true. Under the current standards, you have to be a permanent resident to enroll. The Dream Act is actually needed to let these kids enroll in the armed forces.

*The Dream Act doesn't put the dreamers ahead of citizens and legal immigrants. The Dream Act doesn't qualify an applicant for in-state tuition, federal grants or ANY government benefits. These applicants would have to wait 13 years to become citizens, that is not something you call amnesty!!!

dado123 12-13-2010 01:53 PM

Re: Proposing A Plan(convoking All Dreamers)

Please can you advise in a couple lines your thoughts here, do you want us to write to congress ?