DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   *****RFE Thread <- (Request for Evidence)**** (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=32596)

nikkim 11-17-2012 11:01 PM

Re: *****RFE Thread <- (Request for Evidence)****

Quote:

Originally Posted by iDream (Post 374901)
Okay so, i just recently checked my I-821D case status online yesterday. Usually the "Initial Review" is highlighted but yesterday it wasnt. I got a little confused and i re-typed my case number again twice to make sure i typed it correctly. And still a no show. I read the message below and it said that....

so my question is, how long does it take until i receive the RFE mail and how long will it take for them to review it and make a decision once they get my response?

It all depends my friend! Look on the first page of this thread and you can read about everyone who got one! I did too I sent mine back this tuesday and it arrived 2 pm on friday and my status has not been updated that they received it yet so just hang tight it takes about 3 days to get the letter. In my case I did not get it but my lawyer did which I thought was strange but at least i got it

Happyman0607 11-17-2012 11:21 PM

just got my RFE letter, they want proof of residency for 2007, 2008 and 2009 :D luckily i went to high school 2006-2010 so I'm gonna send my transcript lol i only sent them my high school diploma hoping it would prove residency for 2007-2010 but they want the transcript :)

Pianoswithoutfaith 11-17-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happyman0607 (Post 375169)
just got my RFE letter, they want proof of residency for 2007, 2008 and 2009 :D luckily i went to high school 2006-2010 so I'm gonna send my transcript lol i only sent them my high school diploma hoping it would prove residency for 2007-2010 but they want the transcript :)

You did? cos I know some people just did 2 years of high school and got their diplomas. For all they know, you could have asked a friend to let you scan him and then modify to put your name.

nikkim 11-17-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happyman0607 (Post 375169)

Yeah try to find other stuff like report cards..eye exams..dentist stuff..you know just in case

Happyman0607 11-18-2012 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 375173)
You did? cos I know some people just did 2 years of high school and got their diplomas. For all they know, you could have asked a friend to let you scan him and then modify to put your name.

well there's no question about it that the diploma is legitimately mine cause i sent them college transcript as well and i wouldn't be able to get into college without a diploma or ged lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikkim (Post 375175)
Yeah try to find other stuff like report cards..eye exams..dentist stuff..you know just in case

all i put in the RFE response is my transcript which has 2006 term 1/2 2007 term 1/2 2008 term 1/2 2009 term1/2 and i got a letter from the records department at my high school vouching that I've continuously been there from 2006-2010. i do have some old report cards laying around etc but i don't know if i should throw them in there or not cause i have some, not all.

Pianoswithoutfaith 11-18-2012 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happyman0607 (Post 375290)
well there's no question about it that the diploma is legitimately mine cause i sent them college transcript as well and i wouldn't be able to get into college without a diploma or ged lol

all i put in the RFE response is my transcript which has 2006 term 1/2 2007 term 1/2 2008 term 1/2 2009 term1/2 and i got a letter from the records department at my high school vouching that I've continuously been there from 2006-2010. i do have some old report cards laying around etc but i don't know if i should throw them in there or not cause i have some, not all.

College or University? I dont think I was once asked for neither when I resisted at the nearest community college. For university they didn't ask either since I transfer my cc credits but you were asked so good luck

nikkim 11-18-2012 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happyman0607 (Post 375290)

To me it sounds like you have enough especially with the letter from your school

Happyman0607 11-18-2012 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikkim (Post 375298)
To me it sounds like you have enough especially with the letter from your school

yea i just looked through some old folders, i only have 1 report card from senior year with it being dated for 09 and i have my program card from junior year thats dated 08 but nothing for 07.. i mean the transcript and letter should be more than enough i think, i don't wanna throw them in there then theres no 07 or something, idk lol what you guys think? im mailing out my rfe on monday since the post office is closed tomorrow

Happyman0607 11-18-2012 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 375293)
College or University? I dont think I was once asked for neither when I resisted at the nearest community college. For university they didn't ask either since I transfer my cc credits but you were asked so good luck

i think community colleges are a little different but when i was registering for my college they asked to see my diploma, they wouldn't let me register for classes until i showed them it and they scanned it and put it on file from what i remember

Pianoswithoutfaith 11-18-2012 02:49 AM

yeah not for me. Even in the second college I applied. But best of luck to you!!