DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Other Topics (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Dating dilemma (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=85267)

ECW 12-23-2021 09:36 AM

Dating dilemma

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times on this forum. I've met this girl that is down right beautiful, great personality and just has a good vibe and energy all around, I think the feelings are mutual between us. At what point do I tell her about my situation (DACA)? She's a big traveler, she has two trips to Aruba and Italy already planned for next year. Sooner or later I know the topic of me traveling with her is going to come up.

Outsider626 12-24-2021 01:18 AM

Re: Dating dilemma

If she has trips lined up next year than I would just wait to see if I get the invitation to join her on it. Than you tell her about your situation.

2Face 12-25-2021 12:37 PM

You tell her right now right this second. Everyone has unique situation and this is yours and if she cares about you she'll be fine and help you find solutions.

Pianoswithoutfaith 12-25-2021 01:30 PM

I second what outsider said. Don’t bring it up unless the situation calls for it. She won’t care about your status. Woman love to be the heroes so if she can help you. She will jump. But don’t blindly tell her without context or she’ll think you’re using her which you’re not right?

But if you know she travels she hasn’t brought up traveling together? Hasn’t she asked you if you’ve travelled? I am sure she already has some clue. But find a situation to bring it up

ECW 12-25-2021 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 766322)
I second what outsider said. Don’t bring it up unless the situation calls for it. She won’t care about your status. Woman love to be the heroes so if she can help you. She will jump. But don’t blindly tell her without context or she’ll think you’re using her which you’re not right?

But if you know she travels she hasn’t brought up traveling together? Hasn’t she asked you if you’ve travelled? I am sure she already has some clue. But find a situation to bring it up

So if the topic of traveling together comes up, definitely bring it up?

Pianoswithoutfaith 12-25-2021 11:23 PM

Yes it has be organically but do it so she asks you

“Oh do you travel a lot?”
“We should go together!!”
“Omg you and I should definitely go there next time”

It can really be anything that brings the topic but the idea is she is bringing it up and you’re opening up.

If you yourself want to bring it up you can use the holidays

“I wish I could have visit grandma but I can’t :(“
“Aww why not?”
“Well it’s complicated…”
Watch her eyes open up wide and pupils enlarge

“You see I have daca so it isn’t possible for me to travel outside the USA”

Bam now she knows without you explaining further

Remember it has to be organically

On a different note she has never propose you two traveling together…?

vft1008 12-27-2021 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 766322)
Woman love to be the heroes

Oh dear. LMAO

Pianoswithoutfaith 12-27-2021 09:22 PM

Straight women*

IamAman 12-29-2021 03:42 PM

It's a delicate balance. You could tell someone prematurely and scare them away because they don't want to deal with your baggage, or worse, they turn out to be an anti-immigration person who will look down on you. Or they could end up being the greatest and most sympathetic person to your cause.

Looking back I've been in both spots. Of course I don't have DACA so it's a lot scarier when a girl you've met all of a sudden figures it out on her own and it turns out she's a Republican and you have to always wonder what she might do.