DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Back from traveling with AP through DACA (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=36148)

FlyinAgainstTheWind 12-21-2012 03:05 AM

Re: Back from traveling with AP through DACA
 
What did you get after you received DACA? What did uscis sent you?

FlyinAgainstTheWind 12-21-2012 03:09 AM

Re: Back from traveling with AP through DACA
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Malign0n (Post 397618)
Mmmm. No there are some people who've joined the forum that didn't know what EAD was..........However what he describes is correct, the CBP officers issue an I-94 at the port of entry to indicate legal entry and presence in the US

True but let OP answer my question first because what she took with her doesn't make sense if you received DACA. The I-94 story doesn't make sense.

soccerlilly03 12-21-2012 03:09 AM

Re: Back from traveling with AP through DACA
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ianus (Post 397604)
You can definitely adjust status inside the United States currently then.The I-94 document is what they ask for during the Adjustment interview and I am sure this will be the most popular thread now,lol.Prepare for a lot of questions about the process!

Sorry about the circumstances concerning why you had to travel,btw!

Thanks! I'm so glad I went my grandma had a small stroke a couple of days of me being there and I was the one who ended up going with her and my grandpa I was terrified at the way they treat people there. It is so different and scary! She was seizing and they wouldn't even take her in until they got her ID from my grandpa. Luckily she is ok but she still does not recognize some of my cousins. It wasn't as bad as they make it seem I was 8 when I left and I still remember most of it and it look the same except with a lot more cars!

Tovicmar 12-21-2012 03:10 AM

Re: Back from traveling with AP through DACA
 
OP, If what you said is true, Good for you..
You got to travel in a humanitarian means and see your relative.
Now, fellow dreamers may question every details about your experience so be prepare to answer them all..
Which remains me, one way to prove your point is, to post pictures of your I-94 stamp (do not alter any of it).
And your EAD as well, and the DACA ----, and etc...

lyrad89 12-21-2012 03:12 AM

Re: Back from traveling with AP through DACA
 
why didn't they need your passport? don't they stamp it when you leave and come back?

im dying to know if you're a troll or not...

soccerlilly03 12-21-2012 03:12 AM

Re: Back from traveling with AP through DACA
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ianus (Post 397604)
You can definitely adjust status inside the United States currently then.The I-94 document is what they ask for during the Adjustment interview and I am sure this will be the most popular thread now,lol.Prepare for a lot of questions about the process!

Sorry about the circumstances concerning why you had to travel,btw!

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinAgainstTheWind (Post 397621)
True but let OP answer my question first because what she took with her doesn't make sense if you received DACA. The I-94 story doesn't make sense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinAgainstTheWind (Post 397619)
What did you get after you received DACA? What did uscis sent you?

oh you mean my work permit card? Yeah I have that but I did not present it. My sister in law told me to only show my approval letter adn teh AP form with my mexico passport and to only show additional paperwork if I was asked for it. Believe me I had a binder full of documentation including the complete copy of my DACA application and my AP application.

lyrad89 12-21-2012 03:14 AM

Re: Back from traveling with AP through DACA
 
"ap paper"

i thought ap was a card too?

FlyinAgainstTheWind 12-21-2012 03:16 AM

Re: Back from traveling with AP through DACA
 
She is a troll or a catfish. lol. She googled EAD...It makes no sense not to present it because AP is based on someone having some sort of lawful status in the US. Her mexican passport alone with no visa with an AP document would not be enough and neither would be a receipt or approval letter for DACA at a border crossing. The I-94 as an ID makes no sense because the EAD itself is an ID and includes all biometric information and picture. Trollinnn!! or Fashionfreaking!!!

Ianus 12-21-2012 03:17 AM

Re: Back from traveling with AP through DACA
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lyrad89 (Post 397630)
"ap paper"

i thought ap was a card too?

No,AP doesn't always come in card form you may request it but considering the timeline AP was valid for the OP it wouldn't have made any sense for USCIS to issue a new card.Now if an individual was to try getting a multiple entry AP through a pending I-130 they just might change the EAD.


At the OP,might I suggest taking a pic of your I-94 absent any identifiable numbers and inclusive of the date and upload it here as proof to quell any issue of being a troll.

soccerlilly03 12-21-2012 03:19 AM

Re: Back from traveling with AP through DACA
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tovicmar (Post 397624)
OP, If what you said is true, Good for you..
You got to travel in a humanitarian means and see your relative.
Now, fellow dreamers may question every details about your experience so be prepare to answer them all..
Which remains me, one way to prove your point is, to post pictures of your I-94 stamp (do not alter any of it).
And your EAD as well, and the DACA ----, and etc...

I see that! it is really sad actually I was just trying to help. I dont know if i want to put my information in the internet like that a picture and my document(both contain my addresson them). Seriously! I think I will just stop writing Im very discouraged by this forum I thought people would be happy to hear someone was able to get AP and come back safely instead of calling me a troll lol, believe me I searched for anyone who had done it before I left because I was so scared and noone had posted anything now I see why.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.