DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Has anyone had any luck showing up earlier to biometrics appointment? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=85121)

Phanu9000 09-15-2021 11:04 AM

Has anyone had any luck showing up earlier to biometrics appointment?

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck showing up to their biometrics days earlier than their scheduled date? I know things have been different during Covid times, and also this is something I've never done before.

If anyone can share their experience it would be highly appreciated. In particular, do you have to give them a valid reason if you show up their early? I know I could reschedule but I don't want to cause any more delays. I'm just worried I am might be able to take time off of work.

pavpatel 09-15-2021 01:33 PM

Re: Has anyone had any luck showing up earlier to biometrics appointment?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanu9000 (Post 763670)
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck showing up to their biometrics days earlier than their scheduled date? I know things have been different during Covid times, and also this is something I've never done before.

If anyone can share their experience it would be highly appreciated. In particular, do you have to give them a valid reason if you show up their early? I know I could reschedule but I don't want to cause any more delays. I'm just worried I am might be able to take time off of work.

Yes I went early for my biometrics for my AOS case. I was worried that they would check my date and not let me in. I had a legitimate excuse though, I was going to be out of the state for work. But surprisingly, when I got the desk, she didn't even bother to look at my date so I didn't have to do any explaining. I went to the drummond road, philadelphia support center. let me know if you have any questions.

Phanu9000 09-16-2021 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavpatel (Post 763688)
Yes I went early for my biometrics for my AOS case. I was worried that they would check my date and not let me in. I had a legitimate excuse though, I was going to be out of the state for work. But surprisingly, when I got the desk, she didn't even bother to look at my date so I didn't have to do any explaining. I went to the drummond road, philadelphia support center. let me know if you have any questions.

Yea I got a somewhat similar situation. Thanks for the info!

JayR9 09-17-2021 11:00 AM

This is weird because 3 out of 4 times I showed up early and had no issue. I got rejected 1 time cause the lady saw the date. This was also in Philly.

AleiaTheEnchanted 09-17-2021 01:41 PM

I thought they are reusing the biometrics? Last time I did it was in Philly and they took me in after I had told then that I am from out of state and could not attend the scheduled appointment and I looked at the security guard with puppy eyes LOL and he sort of understood. They took me in and did my biometrics. I though I was good then weeks later it says that I had to re-do my biometrics again due to some possible issues, which really sucked, but fortunately they assigned me to a day when I can actually go and attend the next appointment.