DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   Taking Action (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   An Idea I have to support passing of Dream Act (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=78157)

unthinkable 09-05-2017 11:19 PM

An Idea I have to support passing of Dream Act

Guys, this might sound a bit crazy but hear me out. After watching today's press conference with Sen. Dick Durbin and Sen. Lindsey Graham, I couldn't help but to re-visit Sen. Durbin's response to a question regarding compromises that both parties are willing to make.

He stated that him and his democratic colleagues are willing to make compromises on enforcing border security but NEVER on building the wall.

Trump and his base clearly want the wall. If the damn wall is the only thing that comes between our status and getting deported, why don't we build the damn wall for them?

I understand, it will take some effort but it doesn't even have to be a complete wall (it could be a wooden fence for all I care). This way, we give them their stupid toy (wall) and we clear this stressful uncertainty.

What do you guys think?

FLDreamerrr 09-06-2017 07:25 PM

Re: An Idea I have to support passing of Dream Act

Or we can pay for it ...

anon.nona 09-06-2017 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unthinkable (Post 634684)
Guys, this might sound a bit crazy but hear me out. After watching today's press conference with Sen. Dick Durbin and Sen. Lindsey Graham, I couldn't help but to re-visit Sen. Durbin's response to a question regarding compromises that both parties are willing to make.

He stated that him and his democratic colleagues are willing to make compromises on enforcing border security but NEVER on building the wall.

Trump and his base clearly want the wall. If the damn wall is the only thing that comes between our status and getting deported, why don't we build the damn wall for them?

I understand, it will take some effort but it doesn't even have to be a complete wall (it could be a wooden fence for all I care). This way, we give them their stupid toy (wall) and we clear this stressful uncertainty.

What do you guys think?

Are you suggesting we physically build the wall for Mr. T?

If things go south and we get nothing. We might just have to, one brick at a time, as we each exit the US.

Juan92 09-07-2017 12:27 AM

$1000 for the app fee * 800,000 dreamers = $800mill

that's not enough to build a wall?

BeeHive 09-07-2017 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan92 (Post 635660)

I think estimates are 30B

lila17 09-07-2017 12:36 PM

Maybe as a symbolic move to represent that we want compromise. An actual wall will cost billions of dollars. But yes if we all incorporate this thing into the protests that are being held maybe it'll get the compromise message across

unthinkable 09-07-2017 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lila17 (Post 635908)
Maybe as a symbolic move to represent that we want compromise. An actual wall will cost billions of dollars. But yes if we all incorporate this thing into the protests that are being held maybe it'll get the compromise message across

I agree. It's a symbolic gesture. We could build a wall (maybe a couple of inches high). It's quite FEASIBLE!

g33k 09-07-2017 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan92 (Post 635660)

http://dreamact.info/forum/showpost....8&postcount=11

what about this?

JayR9 09-07-2017 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g33k (Post 636108)

People will cry they can't afford 20k

JJ Glo 09-08-2017 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unthinkable (Post 635948)
I agree. It's a symbolic gesture. We could build a wall (maybe a couple of inches high). It's quite FEASIBLE!

Couple inches high :lol::lol: