DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   I-485 Approval to Card production Time (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=85462)

lalaland45 11-21-2022 01:05 PM

I-485 Approval to Card production Time

Hi everyone, one of my sibling's I-485 was approved one month ago. she received the approval notice but has not received her card yet. Anyone know of USCIS delays in document production? The delay is not due to biometrics/fingerprinting as her USCIS case status online did say fingerprints were applied to her case one day prior to the application being approved.

MIdreamer 11-21-2022 08:15 PM

Re: I-485 Approval to Card production Time

Things are just taking a lot longer now. I was supposed to get my green card back in September, but nothing so far. Calling USCIS was no help, nothing you can do but wait. Some people waited 2 years for their GC renewal.

Demise 11-22-2022 11:09 AM

Have them reach out to their senator or congressman and ask them to inquire on their behalf. Generally that will hasten the issuance in a bit of a strange way: the rep will get a "it'll be done when it's done" answer but then they'll mail it out a day or two thereafter. My guess is that someone has to take the case off the stack to look at it, and since it's already on their desk they might as well place the order to produce it.

lalaland45 02-01-2023 10:13 PM

Reviving this post. It’s been over 100 days since my sibling had their I-485 approved, received the approval notice but still no actual green card in the mail. The card has not been produced yet as there have not been any such updates under her application number per the uscis case status tool. We’ve reached out to uscis and submitted inquiries several times, we’ve reached out to senators and congressmen too and there has been no update. Anything else we can do?

MIdreamer 02-02-2023 10:22 PM

You can try to schedule an appointment at the USCIS field office to get a temporary GC stamp. I had no luck, they just cancel my appointment request and told me there isn't any slot available.

lalaland45 04-02-2023 09:04 PM

reviving this post yet again. its been over 160+ days since I-485 was approved yet no green card has been mailed. we've reached out to senators and USCIS several times but no luck. my sibling did get the I-551 stamp through infopass and it expires in about a year. Is this much wait time normal? should we be concerned that something has gone wrong?

Swim19 04-03-2023 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalaland45 (Post 769998)
reviving this post yet again. its been over 160+ days since I-485 was approved yet no green card has been mailed. we've reached out to senators and USCIS several times but no luck. my sibling did get the I-551 stamp through infopass and it expires in about a year. Is this much wait time normal? should we be concerned that something has gone wrong?

Everything is taking longer (for green card renewals there is an automatic 48 month extension at the time of filing!), so I wouldn't worry too much. It's longer than most, but I have seen others on reddit waiting just as long. Since your senator hasn't helped maybe try Ombudsman?

FLDreamerrr 04-04-2023 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swim19 (Post 769999)
Everything is taking longer (for green card renewals there is an automatic 48 month extension at the time of filing!), so I wouldn't worry too much. It's longer than most, but I have seen others on reddit waiting just as long. Since your senator hasn't helped maybe try Ombudsman?

About to renew my gc.. my question is, next year I’ll be eligible to apply for citizenship, if I don’t receive my renewal in time and am living off the extension can I still apply for citizenship?

Swim19 04-06-2023 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLDreamerrr (Post 770000)
About to renew my gc.. my question is, next year I’ll be eligible to apply for citizenship, if I don’t receive my renewal in time and am living off the extension can I still apply for citizenship?

Not sure if you can apply for citizenship with a pending green card renewal.

JohannBernoulli1667 04-06-2023 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swim19 (Post 770008)
Not sure if you can apply for citizenship with a pending green card renewal.

Not sure for GC renewal but for removal of conditions you can apply. I can’t see why it wouldn’t be possible for a regular renewal.