DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Forgot to update Address- Renewal? (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=84975)

dreamcast0819 06-18-2021 02:17 AM

Forgot to update Address- Renewal?

Hello,

Recently due to change in situation, I was selling my primary residence and had to moved to a temporary stay by leasing an apartment for a 2month term. After the home sale, after 1 months I then moved to a permanent home.

Basically, I moved from:
A(previous home)-> B (one month stay) -> C (new home)

Due to hectic schedule, I forgot to update my address with USCIS from A-> B, so I submitted a request to update my address from A -> C.

Since renewal ask for all the previous address since last renewal, am I in trouble for failing to do an address change from A-> B? Since all three address would need to be on my renewal form.

Has anyone else successfully renewed previously without updating address with USCIS?

Demise 06-18-2021 06:53 AM

Re: Forgot to update Address- Renewal?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamcast0819 (Post 760972)
Hello,

Recently due to change in situation, I was selling my primary residence and had to moved to a temporary stay by leasing an apartment for a 2month term. After the home sale, after 1 months I then moved to a permanent home.

Basically, I moved from:

Due to hectic schedule, I forgot to update my address with USCIS from A-> B, so I submitted a request to update my address from A -> C.

Since renewal ask for all the previous address since last renewal, am I in trouble for failing to do an address change from A-> B? Since all three address would need to be on my renewal form.

Has anyone else successfully renewed previously without updating address with USCIS?

Nah the whole address thing is not enforced in any way.

dreamcast0819 06-18-2021 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demise (Post 760974)
Nah the whole address thing is not enforced in any way.

Good to hear. Should I still include the temporary address B on my renewal?

Demise 06-18-2021 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamcast0819 (Post 760983)
Good to hear. Should I still include the temporary address B on my renewal?

Yeah.

agoodperson 06-20-2021 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamcast0819 (Post 760972)
Hello,

Basically, I moved from:

No you don’t need it. It was just temporary for 1 month. I had a similar situation and just out from A to C. Without any issues. You have no record or history at address B. Just make sure the address dates flow from a to C

dreamcast0819 06-20-2021 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agoodperson (Post 761014)
No you don’t need it. It was just temporary for 1 month. I had a similar situation and just out from A to C. Without any issues. You have no record or history at address B. Just make sure the address dates flow from a to C

Well, I did have a lease, and set up change of address with USPS. So, In a way I do have a record.