DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   *****RFE Thread <- (Request for Evidence)**** (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=32596)

Happyman0607 11-18-2012 02:53 AM

Re: *****RFE Thread <- (Request for Evidence)****

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 375332)
yeah not for me. Even in the second college I applied. But best of luck to you!!

thanks man, you too 8-)

nikkim 11-18-2012 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happyman0607 (Post 375321)
yea i just looked through some old folders, i only have 1 report card from senior year with it being dated for 09 and i have my program card from junior year thats dated 08 but nothing for 07.. i mean the transcript and letter should be more than enough i think, i don't wanna throw them in there then theres no 07 or something, idk lol what you guys think? im mailing out my rfe on monday since the post office is closed tomorrow

I think you're okay the letter to me seems good enough now keep in mind i am not a lawyer lol

FlyinAgainstTheWind 11-18-2012 03:08 AM

How about yearbook pictures? Did you participate in any sports? Sport rosters? bank account?old myspace messages facebook? What was big in 07?

Happyman0607 11-18-2012 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinAgainstTheWind (Post 375361)
How about yearbook pictures? Did you participate in any sports? Sport rosters? bank account?old myspace messages facebook? What was big in 07?

Well like I said, I do have my HS transcript for the full 07 year but some could argue that it'd be better to send extra evidence

FlyinAgainstTheWind 11-18-2012 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happyman0607 (Post 375372)
Well like I said, I do have my HS transcript for the full 07 year but some could argue that it'd be better to send extra evidence

Best of luck. Some are being picky some are not.

iDream 11-18-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikkim (Post 375158)
It all depends my friend! Look on the first page of this thread and you can read about everyone who got one! I did too I sent mine back this tuesday and it arrived 2 pm on friday and my status has not been updated that they received it yet so just hang tight it takes about 3 days to get the letter. In my case I did not get it but my lawyer did which I thought was strange but at least i got it

yea i also had a lawyer help me out with the applications.. so im guessing we both might get the letter.. if i didnt get anything by tomorrow im going to give my lawyer a call.

Im going to Express mail my RFE response so they can review it ASAP.

DreamBig528 11-18-2012 08:36 PM

Anyone sent their RFE at Laguna Niguel, CA office and got approved. What is the wait time to get approved after you send them RFE????.... i sent my RFE on friday 11-16-12 you guys think i would get approve next week?

nikkim 11-18-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iDream (Post 375774)
yea i also had a lawyer help me out with the applications.. so im guessing we both might get the letter.. if i didnt get anything by tomorrow im going to give my lawyer a call.

Im going to Express mail my RFE response so they can review it ASAP.

That's a good idea, don't get the signature thing, that just holds up the process cause there isnt anyone to sign. I am not sure how my lawyer sent mine but it got there in 4 days

iDream 11-18-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikkim (Post 375821)
That's a good idea, don't get the signature thing, that just holds up the process cause there isnt anyone to sign. I am not sure how my lawyer sent mine but it got there in 4 days

Your lawyer probably sent it in a standard mail.
But if i can, im going to express mail it.

Damn if it wasnt for an RFE i couldve been approved on Friday. :/

iDream 11-18-2012 11:58 PM

one last thing, can I use an affidavit?

I plan on asking my boss, for the last 7 years, to write me one but im afraid she might get a little freaked out since im getting payed under the table.

nikkim 11-19-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iDream (Post 375890)
one last thing, can I use an affidavit?

I plan on asking my boss, for the last 7 years, to write me one but im afraid she might get a little freaked out since im getting payed under the table.

Ask anyway it's worth a shot

Pianoswithoutfaith 11-19-2012 12:10 AM

yeah I would ask anyways but she surely use understand USIC and DHS and IRS are different things. I dont think they will verifying every single letter. But make sure she doesnt make the letter obvious like yeah I ve been paying him under the table for 7 years I think there is a template

iDream 11-19-2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikkim (Post 375891)
Ask anyway it's worth a shot

yea ill wait for the mail before asking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith (Post 375897)
yeah I would ask anyways but she surely use understand USIC and DHS and IRS are different things. I dont think they will verifying every single letter. But make sure she doesnt make the letter obvious like yeah I ve been paying him under the table for 7 years I think there is a template

Thats true but you know I would understand if she did freak out a little. But fuck, this is my life here. I'll do whatever it takes to get this.

Pianoswithoutfaith 11-19-2012 12:26 AM

just make casually

"hey I am fixing my status (no lie you are at least something) and need proof of continious proof, you think you can write an affidavit for me writing down that I have been working for 7 years?"

" I can confirm, this person has been working for me for the pass 7 years"

is not like they are going to ask you to show proof of payments I dont think they have..yet

turmalina 11-19-2012 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happyman0607 (Post 375372)

So wait, in your original application, you did or you didn't send your HS transcript and letter from your high school?

Happyman0607 11-19-2012 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turmalina (Post 375931)
So wait, in your original application, you did or you didn't send your HS transcript and letter from your high school?

In my original application I only sent my diploma hoping it would count for residency from 2006-2010 (those are the years I was in HS) and proving I graduated high school (reason why I didn't send a transcript is cause my HS was closed in the summer I couldn't get intouch with them) I seen this RFE coming and they said the diploma doesn't prove residency through my years in high school so I gotta send my transcript which shows I was there every semester for the 4 years and I also managed to get a letter from the records office vouching I been there to go along with my transcript

ari88 11-19-2012 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamBig528 (Post 375790)
Anyone sent their RFE at Laguna Niguel, CA office and got approved. What is the wait time to get approved after you send them RFE????.... i sent my RFE on friday 11-16-12 you guys think i would get approve next week?

2 weeks.

turmalina 11-19-2012 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happyman0607 (Post 375960)
In my original application I only sent my diploma hoping it would count for residency from 2006-2010 (those are the years I was in HS) and proving I graduated high school (reason why I didn't send a transcript is cause my HS was closed in the summer I couldn't get intouch with them) I seen this RFE coming and they said the diploma doesn't prove residency through my years in high school so I gotta send my transcript which shows I was there every semester for the 4 years and I also managed to get a letter from the records office vouching I been there to go along with my transcript

Okay so personally I think that, for at least the period that you were in school, your transcripts would suffice. The reason I think this its because official transcripts usually have DATES... And in the same document, they have your name, your address, and personal info to make sure they show they're yours and I'm pretty sure are the best evidence a teenager has.

Make sure though that whatever they give you has that info: dates and your name and address on record. I've been helping others complete apps in community clinics and sometimes school officials send former students with print outs of computer screens that are worth nothing as evidence because they don't have that info and are not official. And to top it all off, they seal them before you can see what is printed. Make sure you ask to see them before they seal the transcript so you know what they are giving you are good documents.

Good luck with the RFE!

Happyman0607 11-19-2012 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turmalina (Post 376039)
Okay so personally I think that, for at least the period that you were in school, your transcripts would suffice. The reason I think this its because official transcripts usually have DATES... And in the same document, they have your name, your address, and personal info to make sure they show they're yours and I'm pretty sure are the best evidence a teenager has.

Make sure though that whatever they give you has that info: dates and your name and address on record. I've been helping others complete apps in community clinics and sometimes school officials send former students with print outs of computer screens that are worth nothing as evidence because they don't have that info and are not official. And to top it all off, they seal them before you can see what is printed. Make sure you ask to see them before they seal the transcript so you know what they are giving you are good documents.

Good luck with the RFE!

I agree, I do think a transcript is as solid as it gets :) they're asking for 2007, 2008 and 2009 my transcript shows 06-10 so hopefully all is good with it

muslimah23 11-19-2012 07:38 PM

finally i can write it here that...

I GOT APPROVED! allhumdulilaah. after an RFE. i came over it and finally saw 'card in production.'

they asked for 3 years evidence 2007. 2008. 2009. for 2007 i only had 1 thing for jan. and for 2008 and 2009 i had evidence for each month it was dental records. also attached 2 affidavits from my brothers. thats it. and after 5 days of sending it in, i'm approved.

arclite 11-19-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muslimah23 (Post 376568)

I GOT APPROVED! allhumdulilaah. after an RFE. i came over it and finally saw 'card in production.'

they asked for 3 years evidence 2007. 2008. 2009. for 2007 i only had 1 thing for jan. and for 2008 and 2009 i had evidence for each month it was dental records. also attached 2 affidavits from my brothers. thats it. and after 5 days of sending it in, i'm approved.

Congrats. I can only imagine how happy you must feel.

Marco Escobardreamer 11-19-2012 07:53 PM

Username: Marco Escobardreamer
Application Delivered: 08/23/2012
I-1145 Received: 08/26/2012
Service Center: Vermont
Biometric Done: 09/20/2012

Original Evidence:
*passport copy
*Original birth certificate
*Translate birth certificate
*Copy of diploma
*Official transcript [in envelope]
*unofficial transcript "just taught to my self why not send it won't hurt a bit"
*Report Card
*vacine records
*Medical records
Transcript additional detail
Transcript covered the 3 requirements for DACA
*enter country before the age of 16
*be in the country for 5 consecutive years
*graduate from high school or being in the process of graduating
*be in the country on june 15
Report card
*showed the dated of my graduation which was june 15

RFE Notice Date: 10/18/2012
RFE Reason: (insufficient evidence of residency fro august 2009 to august 2007)
RFE Response: writing letter by councilor and middle school transcript plus a picture of an award i got in 8th grade
RFE Sent Date: a day after hurricane sandy landed on east coast not sure exact date.
RFE Delivered: november 6, 2012

Follow-up/Comment: I Will keep my case up to date, I know for a fact that my case is unique because other people in this thread were ask for evidence that i had already sent, So I'm confuse because i can't relate no body here but i just hope everything works out and that I'm able to acquired the evidence they need.

the reason why my transcript didn't cover the 5 years of residency was because i withdrew from high school my freshman year so there was a big gap that i had to show evidence, luckily my former councilor was still working in my school other wise i would had been fucked with no recorded showing that i did attend the school because when you graduated the school sends grades to their main offices not attendance well i don't know if they send attendance for sure. even if they did it would had been really hard to get the information
approved November 16, 2012

nikkim 11-19-2012 08:48 PM

Congrats to both of you!!! I'm excited for you

DreamBig528 11-19-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Congratulation......;o) Which state did you sent your RFE...and how long it took after you sent your RFE to get approved? they received mine Today i checked the tracking number at Laguna Niguel CA, office...

leogarcia1994 11-19-2012 11:13 PM

Ive been waiting for 24 days still nothing.... =[

Happyman0607 11-19-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Congratulations mashallah

DreamBig528 11-20-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by leogarcia1994 (Post 376861)
Ive been waiting for 24 days still nothing.... =[

I did my Biomet on 10/02/12 got RFE on 10/30/12 In my case it took them almost a month.......If you did your fingerprint you should hear from them soon......My application is in Laguna Niguel California

EMilt 11-20-2012 12:42 AM

im getting an RFE I graduated on 2008 but I guess i didnt provide enough information from 2009 to 12. I dont really have any records significant record after HS other than facebook and statements from things I ordered online (music cds)throughout those years, do you guys think that will be enough? and what else should I look for?

Happyman0607 11-20-2012 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMilt (Post 376936)
im getting an RFE I graduated on 2008 but I guess i didnt provide enough information from 2009 to 12. I dont really have any records significant record after HS other than facebook and statements from things I ordered online (music cds)throughout those years, do you guys think that will be enough? and what else should I look for?

get some affidavits maybe? lease contracts with copies of monthly checks or payment reciets that your landlord gives with an affidavit from the landlord of a letter vouching you been a continuous resident and get a couple more

monkeyking88 11-20-2012 01:21 AM

For those who are in CA, how long did it take to receive the RFE letter in the mail? I have received the RFE notice on 11/14 and I didn't get anything in the mail yet.

danieltij 11-20-2012 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeyking88 (Post 376964)
For those who are in CA, how long did it take to receive the RFE letter in the mail? I have received the RFE notice on 11/14 and I didn't get anything in the mail yet.

2 days, got the notice on 10/31 and the letter in the mail on 11/2. why does your timeline say you already have you ead?

turmalina 11-20-2012 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMilt (Post 376936)

If you've ordered things only, you possibly have a bank account or a credit cards. Statements are probably your best bet. What have you done after high school? Have you been working or volunteering?

muslimah23 11-20-2012 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamBig528 (Post 376837)
Congratulation......;o) Which state did you sent your RFE...and how long it took after you sent your RFE to get approved? they received mine Today i checked the tracking number at Laguna Niguel CA, office...

after 5 days of sending it in, i'm approved

muslimah23 11-20-2012 03:31 AM

Thank you everyone for wishes and your help.

muslimah23 11-20-2012 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muslimah23 (Post 377080)
after 5 days of sending it in, i'm approved

Nebraska center

ari88 11-20-2012 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeyking88 (Post 376964)

10 days! I was also freaking out but turns out that they have 15 days to deliver it to us. My letter was postmarked a few days before I received it even though online it said they had mailed it way before.

monkeyking88 11-20-2012 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danieltij (Post 376967)
2 days, got the notice on 10/31 and the letter in the mail on 11/2. why does your timeline say you already have you ead?

oh sorry about that I was referring to my sister who got her i821d approved but i765 RFEd.

EMilt 11-20-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turmalina (Post 377019)
If you've ordered things only, you possibly have a bank account or a credit cards. Statements are probably your best bet. What have you done after high school? Have you been working or volunteering?

I didn't have have a bank account till this year I was using friend accounts to order but the stuff got shipped to my house in my name. I still live with my mom and nothing is in my name at home. I've been working at a pizza shop ever since I graduated so maybe I can get a letter from my boss saying I been working there the past 4 yrs

shiro13 11-20-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMilt (Post 377169)
I didn't have have a bank account till this year I was using friend accounts to order but the stuff got shipped to my house in my name. I still live with my mom and nothing is in my name at home. I've been working at a pizza shop ever since I graduated so maybe I can get a letter from my boss saying I been working there the past 4 yrs

Yeah get a letter from your boss and also include ALL your email receipts. You could ask your friend to send you the invoice of the site you order from that has your name and address. When I got RFE'd, I sent email receipts and invoices but then again, I also sent school transcripts, affidavit, and copies of my taxes.

EMilt 11-20-2012 10:57 AM

I can def get all the statements for everything from 09 to now just gotta print them, im typing the letter for my boss to sign as we speak. I found a physical exam and glasses prescription from 2010. They already have all my school transcripts and diploma. I havent recieved the letter yet but im prepping so i can send everything back asap.