DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   New Members (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Legalization and Immigration Options FAQ (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=8146)

eloso805 01-11-2008 05:33 AM

Re: Legalization and Immigration Options FAQ

i wonder what documents are needed to get married n how???? any advice..

pingpong abyss 01-11-2008 09:54 AM

Um...well, it depends on the state you live in, I guess. What state are you in?

Tasksgirl 03-19-2008 03:43 PM

I just want to remind anyone engaged/thinking of getting married/married to a U.S. citizen that you can email me [email protected] and you can register on these forums - www.immigrate2us.net

Doesn't matter what age you were, you can still adjust through marriage. Even if illegaly although as mentioned it's harder.. and like pingpong said it's faster to do the process BEFORE marriage which is something I wish I knew !

therealamericandream 07-17-2008 11:30 PM

^Isn't that illegal? =/

Something a bit unsure about in all of the FAQ

I get it, but say a guy has been here since...ah...say like 7yrs old or some age likethat. Say a temporary visa. It expires when he is 17 but he doesn't know and finds out AFTER hes 18.

Okay...so what now?

I know the whole marriage thing has to wait until the US Citizen is 21 years of age, right??? (California)

Well anyways, what would be available?

THEN say he's one of those people you hear about who graduate with honors and stuff, going to community college, etc. Then what?

=[

(whoops, I think my question has already been answered. but basically, i'm not all well educated about how to go about anything or what certain things mean....i just haven't gotten the time just yet unfortunately. so my question still remains)

Rickyrab 10-16-2008 08:21 PM

I am not sure why marriage should be a requirement for immigration. (Note: My views on this issue have more to do with the silly controversy about "defining" marriage, which I feel is a religious issue and which the government shouldn't be barging in on. The controversy started with some lesbians/gay people who wanted to marry their sweethearts, and they got courts to support them - and that was when certain religious groups started getting spooked and raising huge sums of cash to change state constitutions in order to stop them. I think that the marriages of unbelievers are none of those religions' business, and they shouldn't be poking their nose into government houses in an effort to make it their business. We have separation of church and state for a reason: religious diversity. It is one of America's greatest traditions, and some religions want to endanger that tradition.)

I have a better idea: instead of marriage being cause to become a legal, there ought to be a law providing that people living for at least a few months to a few years with American citizens in good standing, in a household relationship, can become American citizens. This would extend to domestic partners and close friends. That way, the state wouldn't have to entangle itself so much in the net of religion.

Note: I'm not gay. Just a liberal, as well as Jewish (this is a minority religion in this country, as well as most places).

FAITH 05-19-2009 03:02 PM

HEY,I HAVE A QUESTION ,I MARRIED IN 2005 A permanent resident,but we separeted after i aplied for my i 485 ,i lost contact with him,than in 2007 my casa was denied,we are divorced,and i met my fiance and we have a baby born on the usa,but after i found out my case was denied i just left the usa,i dont know what came to me,i think i was scared,now im desperate and i want to come back,what can i do? can my fiance help me ?he is a permanet residente .....and we have a american girl ...

gsb89 05-20-2009 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAITH (Post 129379)
HEY,I HAVE A QUESTION ,I MARRIED IN 2005 A permanent resident,but we separeted after i aplied for my i 485 ,i lost contact with him,than in 2007 my casa was denied,we are divorced,and i met my fiance and we have a baby born on the usa,but after i found out my case was denied i just left the usa,i dont know what came to me,i think i was scared,now im desperate and i want to come back,what can i do? can my fiance help me ?he is a permanet residente .....and we have a american girl ...

you should try immigrate2us.net .. they have more experience with such cases. Good luck

FAITH 05-20-2009 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsb89 (Post 129585)
you should try immigrate2us.net .. they have more experience with such cases. Good luck

THANK YOU SO MUCH....

manny 04-22-2010 11:57 PM

hey, im currently under the 245i protection. What options do I have? I still have to wait 6 more years...what can I do?

Ianus 04-25-2010 06:03 PM

Pretty much any immigrant petition under current law that you may qualify for.The main thing is that you don't have to return to your country of origin for it when adjustment of status comes around.