DREAM Act Portal Forum

DREAM Act Portal Forum (http://dreamact.info/forum/index.php)
-   New Members (http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Legalization and Immigration Options FAQ (http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=8146)

Lou76 08-16-2010 06:01 AM

Re: Legalization and Immigration Options FAQ

Quote:

Studying in Canada
Coming to Canada as a student is not only a path to an incredible education, but a great way to get to know the country and decide if it is a place that you would like to call home. Colleges and universities have international student groups and programs that will help make your transition into Canadian life easier.
The government recognizes the important resource that international students are to the future development of Canada. In 2008, the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) immigration program was introduced, making it easier for international students to stay in Canada and become a Canadian Permanent Resident after the completion of their studies. Coming to Canada as a student may be your route to permanent residency!
I found this at: http://www.loonlounge.com/study-canada/

Which is something that the US does not offer to F1 visas since the intent of the visa is as non-immigrant.

Lou

bluephantom33 11-16-2010 09:20 PM

What Youguysareawesome and Cadman said. Thanks for this, Pingpong... your post was more helpful than the combination of all the other documentation I've read on the matter. I've read a lot of material and talked to many people, but I just found out about and joined this site today. Got some more poking around to do :). Thanks again! Cheers ;)

Dres2011 07-29-2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouiseHagstrom (Post 228658)
My name is Louise Hagstrom.I am from USA.I came to this forum has for some time,
I like online shopping, where I might like to share my experience, I am not to
advertise is to make friends, so come to share my own harvest. If you have good
things can come to share with me.

Cleverbot is clever.

carnivore 07-30-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pingpong abyss (Post 103679)
(I) Minors.-No period of time in which an alien is under 18 years of age shall be taken into account in determining the period of unlawful presence in the United States under clause (I)."

However, once you turn 18, you start to accrue presence. By 180 after your eighteenth birthday, you will have acquired a three year ban from the country, which will be initiated once you leave the U.S. Once you have accrued one year of unlawful presence, that will become a ten year ban. If you leave the country while you have the three year ban and attempt to enter within three years, the ban will become a ten year one. If you leave the country with the ten year ban and attempt to enter within ten years, that will become a permanent ban and will not be waivable until you have been outside of the country for ten years.

I wish my stupid mother was at least responsible enough to inform me of this before it was too late. Then there would be hope for me. Fuck. :???:

Dagame0523 07-30-2011 09:18 PM

Is there a way to speed up the process of an I-130 form petitioned by a brother? I'm currently here in the United States and it has only been a year since it was sent.

elihu 08-14-2011 03:47 AM

Oh dear. Speeding up the process isn't going to be likely unless the relative dies, unfortunately. And given that the form was filed just last year, I really hope you're able to maintain status for a while. It'll be quite a wait before the I-130 gets approved.

NoWhereToRun 08-14-2011 02:57 PM

sibling sponsorship i was looking into that ....takes 10-11 years

NoWhereToRun 08-14-2011 03:03 PM

http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Laws/Memo...ent_8-8-11.pdf

what is this about? can u expedite a brother's sponsorhip?

elihu 08-14-2011 03:20 PM

It doesn't seem to authorize expedition of the sponsorship except under the circumstances given and only if the case is clearly going to be approved. In the case of sibling sponsorship, which takes forever (basically, at least a decade), it's highly unlikely this will have any effect. Expediting an I-130 won't do too much; the priority date for the visa is still the date the petition is filed, not the date it's approved. The problem is the visa itself coming out years afterward, and in the case of people already here, the ineligibility to adjust once it does come out if they are out of status.

carnivore 08-31-2011 12:38 AM

You can get legalized simply by being engaged to a USC? Did I read that right?

Can you get legalized by marrying a legal resident, but not USC?