Thread: DACA to AOS
View Single Post
#3234
10-21-2019, 04:04 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Sep 2012
5,606 posts
JJ Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loso882908 View Post
Hey guys, have any of you had any issues with I-864 (Affidavit of Support)? My wife makes more than the 125% above the poverty line BUT she has not filed her taxes in the last 2 years, which caught me by surprise and pissed me off, so what we did was send all her bank statements for the last past 3 years. So I received an RFE for I-864 asking me to send in my wife's taxes or get a co-sponsor. So I opted to get a co-sponsor, which makes well over the 125% of the poverty line, I self filed BTW. Have any of guys gone through the same thing or something similar? Is this something major to worry about? Also how long does this set me back on the waiting list?
How did you not know that your wife hasn't filed her taxes for the last 2 years? Have you been filing your taxes? Why aren't you filing married filing jointly for immigration purposes. Anyway, if you got a co-sponsor, I don't see why there would be an issue if they make enough money to sponsor you.
__________________
Self filed AOS │Apps Received By USCIS - 3/18/19 │Biometrics Done - 4/11/19
Interview Scheduled - 4/24/19│Interview Date - 5/31/19│AOS Approval - 5/31/19
Permanent Resident Card Received - 6/8/19
Post your reply or quote more messages.