View Single Post
02-02-2023, 08:49 PM
Joined in Jan 2018
1,313 posts
jorgeag92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imthexman View Post
Hanen's decision has already been appealed to the 5th circuit, the 5th circuit sent it back to Hanen for further consideration (new ruling). If you look at 5th circuit ruling; Hanen new ruling cannot be appealed to the 5th circuit again, it must be appealed directly to SCOTUS. If/when appealed, SCOTUS can either disregard the appeal or take on the appeal, if SCOTUS choses to consider the appeal, they must decide whether to keep Hanen's decision intact until they give their final ruling or reverse Hanen decision until they make the final ruling. It does not matter if republicans asking for a 2 year gap or whataver, if SCOTUS finds it illegal they don't have to consider the republicans requests and could end daca the same day.

SO 2028?? I don't think so, more like 2024 and right before elections (hopefully)
Isnt Hanen's decision in regards to the original DACA memo? I think I read Hannen has been asked to rule on the original DACA, AND the new regulation. The new regulation as published by the Biden administration can be appealed to the 5th circuit still, cant it?

Per the above article, "A ruling that shuts down DACA or declares the program illegal would likely be appealed to the 5th Circuit by the Biden administration, and the case could ultimately reach the Supreme Court."
Last edited by jorgeag92; 02-02-2023 at 08:52 PM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.