View Single Post
06-28-2022, 03:35 AM
Joined in Sep 2015
1,288 posts
beingoflight
i was one of the top operations managers at a fortune 100, i started in the industry at 18 and now im 27, the average person at what i do is in their 40s.

as much as i tried all those years to run away from the anxiety and depression from not being able to live a normal life, i just realize that it began to catch up to me at the beginning of the year when i had bought my dream car (a C6 Corvette), it felt weird i just couldn't enjoy it, felt horrible and returned it.

started to date this Chilean girl which was a visa overstay there after and we constantly had arguments which source was my anxiety, i just forced myself to break up with her crafted a plan and eventually became unnatracted to me since i wanted her to find somebody that can fix her situation and live a normal life and not with me which has an uncertain future.

eventually i began to struggle making decisions at work and catched up to me, i couldn't take it anymore and quit. my former boss is terrified and is constantly checking up on me since he noticed it all too.

it made me look terrible in the industry and i highly doubt i can get back in, i have lost everything, porpuse and my only coping mechanism which was my profession is now gone.

my break up with that girl broke me to shreds, i believe in love and i feel that DACA has taken over that which is a critical part of my life. worst thing of all is not the first time it happens.

im having an internal battle with myself as i type this, have tried several methods to deal with these kind of feelings and the only one that kind of worked was myself keeping myself busy with my profession.

guys this is bad. I can't imagine all the people which has built their life around this situation suddenly have DACA taken away.

when it goes away next year its going to be the most horrible thing to witness, the way mainstream media hypes everything, many are going to go nuts. even worse when congress achieves nothing like always. provide support in the facebook groups as much as you can to your fellow dreamers. im typing this with much struggle i dont even have the will for it.