View Single Post
03-30-2021, 10:37 AM
Joined in Aug 2014
132 posts
CDP
Quote:
Originally Posted by deiguer View Post
I have been looking for a lawyer to adjust my father status through my sister who is a US citizen and over 21. He lives in NY and we tried and spent more than 2k on some lawyer, not good ones, who advised him to not apply during the trump times, but yet took his money even though all they did was review his case.

I live in GA and found a lawyer here, paid $125 for consultation and after waiting almost 2 months and after several calls, she said she needs another $600 just to review the FOIA document we already got ourselves for him. Im getting not the best vibes from this lawyer as she took so long to respond even after i was calling every week. she could have told me after 1-2 days that it would take more money to review his case instead of 2 mothns.
Anyway, my dad's case is a bit complex in that he has multiple entries and has been in US since the mid 1980's. he has no criminal record, I have seen several lawyers in NY but have not found any real good ones. I was hoping the lawyer here in GA would be better, but i am not getting the best vibes based on what i just mention. I really want to start his process but dont want for my dad's money to go to waste again.

Does any one know a good lawyer they'd recommend in either NY or GA? Please let me know.

I would suggest this (they are in Atlanta): https://www.immigration.net/
The main guy has been on the news quite a bit and is pro-immigration. Hope this helps.
Post your reply or quote more messages.