View Single Post
09-19-2017, 07:48 PM
Joined in Nov 2012
201 posts
AJinCT
This is great idea. I think we should change two things tho...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky View Post
This is a response to the events that took place on September 18, 2017 in San Francisco, CA. where a group of activists interrupted Congresswoman Pelosi’s Press Conference regarding DACA. These are tactics that MOST Dreamers strongly condemn.
Instead of saying that most dreamers don't agree with them, I think we should make it clear that the protesters don't represent Dreamers and we don't condone their tactics:

We strongly condemn these tacticts and they do not represent the Dreamer movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky View Post
We strongly encourage other dreamer groups to be respectful of our allies and our enemies. We are now standing in front of the greatest opportunity to kick start immigration reform in three decades. A Dream Act and Border Security deal is without a doubt a small but smart step to break the immigration reform stalemate.
I don't think it's smart to label anyone as enemies when we are trying to garner support. It will look better if we remove it:

We strongly encourage other dreamer groups to be respectful of our allies and our enemies.
Post your reply or quote more messages.