View Single Post
05-07-2020, 03:46 PM
Joined in Aug 2012
558 posts
sk16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathination View Post
My dad's labor certification was filed in 2000 I think, but he wasn't in the country until late 2001, past the deadline. I didn't qualify because of that

I believe I asked our lawyer if my mom could sponsor me but she said it would take a really, really long time and not be worth the money since I didn't have 245i. What do you mean by 'don't get married until you get yours?' Worst case, I was planning on pursuing the marriage route before my EAD expires (I got it renewed, so it's good until 2022). Since I don't have 245i, I wasn't even sure if her sponsoring me would be worth it because of the risk that would be involved with leaving the country. That way, I wouldn't be out of the 500 dollars it takes to file the i130 through my mom.

Do you think it's worth the cost? What are the odds the i601a gets approved? Has anyone here done it before?

My main reasoning is that we should know what things are going to look like in the coming months and I'd rather save the money. If you guys think it's a good idea, though, I can definitely move forward with it. I'm just skeptical of how useful it will be.
the i601a approval seems to be fairly simple if your parents rely on you ie aged parents or disabled etc. i would still send that in just because you never know what route your life takes. 5 or so years will pass by and before you know it, wherever you are in the world then, you have the option of having a green card.