View Single Post
04-03-2021, 09:02 AM
Joined in Jul 2016
192 posts
Manhattan2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_smith View Post
I call this bullshit
agree. I would say a majority of them are people from Mexico (also based on anecdotal evidence). The alternative would be that hoardes of ppl from Central America are crossing the entire country of Mexico to get to the US border? Doubt it.

The problem here is that Biden is doing the total opposite of Trump (with no standard/limits on migrants). Because he's stated publicly that children will not be turned away, this is undoubtedly motivating more younger folks to make the solo trip.

Looking at it from the view of US citizens living near the boarder/ Cali etc, based on news interviews, parents and taxpayers in the school system, not super happy about essentially paying for other ppl's children (and the number is rising everyday as these migrant children get placed into those community school systems). Yes everyone deserves an education but I just dont see how the border crossings will ease anytime soon esp. the closer we get to immigration reform (perhaps they see it as a way out for them too-legalization for all of them-NO)?