Thread: Education Level
View Single Post
05-07-2021, 04:28 PM
Joined in Nov 2012
14,973 posts
Pianoswithoutfaith
Surprisingly I worked as a job recruiter for my county. And yeah we used ATS software to quickly filter out what we were looking for with the system searching specific keywords. And not the typical ones you’d think but the ones we were looking for related the actual job. And college degree was the least thing we cared for. There was a time where they did looked at the educational level as their first and primary criteria because hey if they managed to get a 3.0+ gpa, they managed to finished 4 years of cramming and memorizing then hey this job should be a piece a of cake. Wrong wrong wrong. What you learn at college definitely does not translate well into the real world. If it’s a engineer or health related job then no doubt it does but most jobs nah once we hired this kid freshly graduated from a top tier college here in the state, amazing gpa great recommendations what an amazing resume. Passed the initial interviews with flying colors. Hired a few weeks later. He was given a 2 month training probation period. He did terrible on it.

One of the biggest thing that determined whether your resume moves to the consideration pile is how confident in either doing OR learning how to do the job the resume gave off. How does your experience and trust me you don’t need direct experience but how does whatever you have translate to what you’re applying too.

Most people focus on an objective resume instead of a summary resume. A summary resume works better because it saying “HEY this is what I can bring to the table and if that doesn’t impress you well look what else I can do for your company”.

Having a degree CAN only help. It’ll never affect you negatively. You have a degree in writing? Good!! Put that in your resume and explain how whatever you learn can translate well into the job you’re applying. But it’s definitely NOT the single factor that determines if you get that job. Your resume WILL be read but whether it makes it to the consideration pile really depends how well you make your experiences be
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Face View Post
I hope Trump wins second term.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestBefore1984 View Post
Tranny is not derogatory term dummy
Post your reply or quote more messages.