View Single Post
01-20-2015, 06:35 PM
Joined in Nov 2012
1,243 posts
AlexanderMQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by pootie tang View Post
My EAD expired before I got my renewal so I worked for over a month with an expired EAD. HR never mentioned anything to me but I did call USCIS multiple times regarding my renewal and why it was taking so long. I was told multiple times (at least 5 different times) by USCIS that as long as my renewal application was pending that I was ok to work and i was not technically doing anything illegal, BUT that it was still up to my employer to actually keep me employed.
So basically, USCIS was ok with me working after my EAD expired so long as my current application was still pending but that my employer could fire me if they wanted to.
You are violating your immigration status by working unauthorized, USCIS or ICE or DHS can use your SSN to find out if you've been working unauthorized with an expired EAD (this will effect you when you apply for your green card in the future), when you call USCIS customer service, they aren't "Immigration Case Officers" or "ICE Agents" or "DHS Agents" or "CPB Agents" they are "Customer Service Representatives" don't believe everything they tell you, They only read off scripts. You and your Employer can get into VERY serious legal issues, if you get audited by HR you will only be terminated, But if ICE or DHS, you will be terminated and deported because you knowingly knew your EAD was expired, (If ICE agents or DHS agents audit your company) and your employer would be fined with huge fee's for hiring a unauthorized alien for work.
Last edited by AlexanderMQ; 01-20-2015 at 06:40 PM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.