View Single Post
11-15-2019, 04:30 PM
From SoCal, USA
Joined in Sep 2016
2,422 posts
vft1008
I wonder if any of you can provide some advice or have experience with this... This is slightly on the complex side.

I got married in October and legally changed my last name (it's now hyphenated). I now got my marriage certificate and am going through the process of notifying different agencies of the name change.

If I go to the Social Security Administration or DMV to do this, I assume they will need the updated name to appear on my EAD. Can anyone confirm this?

If this is true, how can I request an updated EAD from USCIS?

And another twist... I already submitted my DACA app renewal months back. The renewal app does not reflect the name change because I was not married at the time and did not have the certificate (duh). I am really close to the 150 mark of my current EAD expiring and expect my renewal to be approved real soon. Is there anything I can do to make USCIS aware of my name change in time for them to update my renewal app before they generate the EAD?

Hope this all makes sense. Thanks.