View Single Post
06-30-2018, 11:54 AM
Joined in Oct 2017
1,158 posts
BeansDreamtoo21
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshh. View Post
Mark Meadows said they'll likely be working along two parallel tracks when they return from recess next month. It sounds as if they are going to just work on two separate measures, but then it also sounds like they are going to attempt to revamp the Goodlatte bill and move it more to the center.
Meadows said he anticipates Republicans to labor along two different parallel tracks next month to further explore whether 218 votes is possible on an immigration bill: one on a larger measure including a DACA resolution alongside border security provisions, and another more targeted bill that Meadows says “would be maybe a little bit on border security and family reunification.”

“I think most conservatives believe if you can take Goodlatte 1 and move it more to the center that there’s a great chance of getting 218 just based on vote total,” Meadows, R-N.C., said. “Obviously it’s eluded 218 twice, and so I’m not suggesting that it’s an easy path. I’m just saying that there are discussions going on.”
- Source

Thanks for the info
Post your reply or quote more messages.