From SLC, UT
Joined in Jan 2013
55 posts
initiald11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzuhs View Post
Hey guys,

This is my first post.
I filled my application January 9, I had my biometrics about a month later. Then the waiting. I checked my case status on a daily basis online, but nothing. Finally when I least expected it, I received a letter on April 1, thinking it was a final decision, but no, it was an RFE. I was Excited that I had finally received something not even aware of what an RFE was until I read the letter. I was upset when I read that they were asking me to send more evidence and having to wait even longer for a response. They asked me for two things, my ID which I thought I had included a copy of in my original packet, and there was a discrepancy with my graduation dates. I sent a copy of my HS diploma which states I graduated June of 2006 but my transcript showed January 2007 so they wanted me to send them the correct dates and an explanation of the discrepancy. So I sent that on April 17 and this morning I checked my status and it showed that they had received my RFE on April 22. Now the waiting game again.
From what I have heard from a relative of mine, once you send back an RFE they usually make a decision soon.
She was RFEd and she sent her proof on a Monday and by the following Wednesday she had received her EAD.
really? i sent mine on the 15th and my status hasn't changed but usps shows they received my rfe..
Post your reply or quote more messages.