View Single Post
09-25-2021, 12:18 AM
Joined in Aug 2012
558 posts
sk16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharside View Post
Just dropping this here possibly someone with prior/similar experience can chime in. As I haven't quite came across this scenario.
I'm looking to apply to AP via Humanitarian reasons. I am grandfathered under 245I so risking AP travel wasn't on the priority list.
So My grandmother (whose a GC holder) passed away last December in Mexico, it was also her wishes to be buried in Mexico . We have a death certificate and proof showing she is obv my grandmother. I didn't get to see pay my respects in person. I would love to see her resting place. Now, will her being a US resident be an issue or do they not look that deep into each case?

Second point: has anyone traveled to a second country under AP? say If I go to Mexico then South America or Europe with my valid Mexican Passport?
Cheers!
Regarding visiting other countries, they really don’t ask you where you went and why when you came back, atleast no one ever asked me. I did visit some neighboring countries in Asia too see my relatives and never had any issues upon reentry. I don’t know about going to different continents though.