04-27-2018, 11:46 AM
From East Coast
Joined in Mar 2018
8 posts
Phryne_MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshh. View Post
Congrats!

I'm just really glad to see that despite everything, we are still getting through this and pursuing this passion.

Thank you for sharing your stories!
Thank you, is def possible. To the poster above I disagree. You are limited to the schools you can apply because not all schools accept DACA applicants, but honestly all successful applicants I know were honest about their status. If a school doesn't support you bc of DACA then this is a school that wouldn't have your back anyways. Med school is hard, being DACA is hard, being in a supportive environment is crucial during this period. Additionally, you cant just lie or pretend you are not DACA, it will come out sooner or later and you do have to identify your status in your primary application, and thanks to advocacy efforts by previous pre-med dreamers, DACA is actually an option you can choose, we are def visible. For financial aid purposes, the schools have to know, and the sooner they know about your status the sooner they can figure out ways to help you or even be honest with you if they cant help you financially. Again, feel free to ask me any questions if you have when you apply.
Post your reply or quote more messages.