Thread: Education Level
View Single Post
05-07-2021, 01:40 AM
Joined in Sep 2016
2,588 posts
JayR9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith View Post
Or you could work your way up. I know lots of financial officers making 500k and above with out any degrees. Some certificates and security clearances but no degrees and if they got them. They got them way way down the road. They all started as bank tellers or clerks and stayed in the same position.

If you go hunting a job at Tesla or Intel or Apple or some other Forbes 500 companies then yeah a good degree might be the difference if you get the job. I tell my friends with no experience to apply at county jobs since they’re usually more lenient on educational and experience requirements.

When I worked at Intel my boss only had an associates but had she had been working at semiconductors for nearly 40 years that they didn’t care she didn’t have a degree. Let alone one relevant to the job.

Yes a degree will definitely help you and give you an edge but always apply to various places and get some experience
This might be true the generation before us but less so for the present job market going forth. College degrees are used as a way to filter society. Only a x amount of white collar jobs and way too many people in the world.
Post your reply or quote more messages.