View Single Post
11-28-2021, 01:43 PM
Joined in Mar 2006
3,071 posts
VJB2
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAman View Post
Yeah I can't even express how hurtful it was to be left out of the original DACA and then again off the expanded version. I just want SOMETHING to pass that includes me and puts me back in the system so I can build off it.

As for the "it means we're not special anymore" or "this means we'll never get a greencard" stuff I'm reading, people are acting like this is going to be the end-all. This is just going to be the beginning. In 10 years, a lot can happen - if we get a friendly congress/president, we might still be special and the Dream Act could still pass. If we get an asshole Republican congress/president then we have protection that they can't take away easily.
It’s astounding that some people here don’t have the mental capability to understand this. It also makes me think that they’re realizing it’s not going to be instant, permanent legalization and the thought of either putting in the effort to better their situation or sitting on the sidelines the next 10 years terrifies them. Get what you can, build on top of it or don’t apply, if it passes. I’m not going wish this tanks or demand for more because so-and-so on here is miserably bitter everyone and their pets won’t get green cards by next week.
Post your reply or quote more messages.