View Single Post
09-17-2021, 12:35 AM
Joined in Dec 2017
1,171 posts
CUSenior
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralsingh View Post
As much as we would like the bill to AT LEAST contain legalization for Dreamers, I can't see how "less" is better in this case. In budget reconciliation, providing legalization EN MASSE to millions would probably be more effective in convincing the parliamentarian that the immigration provision is added primarily to impact the economy and federal budget.

It seems to me that it's more about whether she would agree to both (1) legalizing the undocumented, and (2) greencard backlogs for the documented. I don't think there will be any further drilling down that these two options.

I think you might have misunderstood me. I just wanted to know if she was just making a decision on immigration or if she was gonna make it on immigration or other things too like climate and other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgirl View Post
Once this makes its rounds in the news and since title 42 was shut down today… doesn’t look like we will get the answer we want from the parliamentarian.

https://twitter.com/billfoxla/status...493378562?s=21
The parliamentarian is apolitical. I doubt that this is gonna affect her decision.
Post your reply or quote more messages.