View Single Post
09-12-2013, 12:36 AM
Joined in Nov 2012
132 posts
Bahamanese
Got an RFE last week after over a year waiting & idk just not feeling hopeful about it.. I travelled back to the Bahamas in July of 2007 for 11 days to visit family, I was 15 at the time and on my way back the immigration officer told me I was traveling with the wrong visa and being that I was going to school living in the US I have to get a student visa .. I went to apply for a student visa and got denied.. Long story short I ended up staying in the Bahamas for 11 months until returning EWI .. They were the worst months of my like & USCIS know about all of this but still sent and RFE requesting evidence from July 2007 - July 2008 ... I came back in June of 2008 after trying everything possible to come back the right way .. So Idk what to do I've been living here since 3rd grade I have evidence of everything to prove that I tried everything to come back here the right way .. I have my plane tickets and everything that shows it was suppose to be a casual stay .. I was soo young & had my family known i would've just stayed here on my visitors visa instead of traveling out the country but it was something I did every year and never got stopped for... I'm a senior in college graduating in May of next year .. This is all so much I don't know how to deal with it, I'm trying to be so strong but no one around me understands ... I have evidence for everything else proving I was here except for those 11 months :'(
RFE: Sep. 2013
Approved: Dec 17, 2013
Post your reply or quote more messages.