View Single Post
09-20-2017, 08:17 AM
Joined in Mar 2006
6,428 posts
Swim19
Quote:
Originally Posted by isk84life View Post
We are literally paraphrasing what the Democratic Party has been saying.

" Schumer added on Tuesday that he is "very optimistic" that Democrats will still be able to get a "good deal" on a DACA fix paired with border security."
I think it's too wordy, but again it is only my opinion. This is my quick edit before work and the way I would condense two of the paragraphs:

At the moment, we don’t know the details in the border security package about to be introduced in congress. However, we strongly support legislation that offers the Dream Act and fully secures the border in a smart way. Not with a useless 2000 mile concrete wall, but with a mix of technology and manpower. We do not support a deportation force that will rip apart our families and will create suffering in the immigrant community.

And I would delete the entire paragraph below:

DACA recipients and immigrant youth are witnesses of the hard work and sacrifices that our parents have made. However, we are not sellouts by endorsing border security, nor are we advocating for anyone in the immigrant community to be deported. We believe that we will be in a much better position to help our parents if we obtain legal status and eventual citizenship.
3rd Renewal: 5/16/2018
Post your reply or quote more messages.