• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...
DAP Forums > DREAM Act > The News Room

Kelly promises to speed up deportationd - Page 3

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
  • ‹ previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • next ›
#21
01-11-2017, 03:53 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Aug 2011
7,552 posts
Smooth's Avatar
Smooth
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamernb87 View Post
Preach!!

Worst case scenario. If Trump cancels DACA and rescinds our work permits.. You can move away from where you currently are, then work in places where they don't have e-verify, that alone will give you 2 extra years,where hopefully you can find someone to marry !! don't wait before it is too late!
Exactly.

Honestly though, I really do not see 11 million people being deported. IF NON-CRIMINAL ONES ARE DEPORTED, THEY WILL MOST LIKELY BE DEPORTED BECAUSE THEY WILL ALLOW THEMSELVES TO BE INTIMIDATED OR SCARED BY IMMIGRATION OFFICIALS. (e.g. "If you do not waive your right to challenge the deportation process, we will go after your family. We know where they live." "You are going to be in a detention center for years without seeing your loved ones." etc). I know they say this type of shit because my dad has been constantly in and out of immigration detention centers. This problem was even the case under the Obama administration.

Please stop thinking and acting like a fucking meteor is going to end our lives and we all screwed. Hell, don't even act like that in front of your friends and family. You will be dubbed a fucking drama queen and become a candidate for being bitch slapped. Guys are taking it too fucking far... RIGHT NOW.
__________________
#Lawgic
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Smooth
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Smooth
Find all posts by Smooth
#22
01-11-2017, 03:56 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Aug 2012
2,113 posts
VeryNicePerson1's Avatar
VeryNicePerson1
0 AP
What I find interesting, is that so many of these articles if not all, and so many of the people involved, are always bringing up the DACA peeps.

Maybe this is a sign that DACA beneficiaries is too risky of a group to go after?

Still worried about everyone else though, it seems like it may be open season on deporting undocumented immigrants.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
VeryNicePerson1
View Public Profile
Send a private message to VeryNicePerson1
Find all posts by VeryNicePerson1
#23
01-11-2017, 03:59 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Aug 2011
7,552 posts
Smooth's Avatar
Smooth
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryNicePerson1 View Post
What I find interesting, is that so many of these articles if not all, and so many of the people involved, are always bringing up the DACA peeps.

Maybe this is a sign that DACA beneficiaries is too risky of a group to go after?

Still worried about everyone else though, it seems like it may be open season on deporting undocumented immigrants.
Agents will most likely arrest any undocumented immigrant they come across and take them in for questioning and background checks. But, I do not really see "innocent" ones being deported unless they allow themselves to be tricked or scared.

Ladies and dudes . . . we are dreamers. We are elite of the elite. What happened to our balls? Man the fuck up.
__________________
#Lawgic
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Smooth
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Smooth
Find all posts by Smooth
#24
01-11-2017, 04:02 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Jan 2017
4,996 posts
libertarian1776's Avatar
libertarian1776
0 AP
this is true bruh, always remember this is America... exercise your 5th amendment rights if you are apprehended. And i know uncertainty is everyone's biggest issue right now, we will find out soon enough what happens to us. If this shit does not work out for us, life moves the fuck on guys... always have Plan B's, C's, or even D's.

Remember we are the most sympathetic group of immigrants out of the 11 million. elected officials, majority of the American people, and Trump himself thinks our issue is a "humanitarian" issue.

Always DREAM and always HOPE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth View Post
Exactly.

Honestly though, I really do not see 11 million people being deported. IF NON-CRIMINAL ONES ARE DEPORTED, THEY WILL MOST LIKELY BE DEPORTED BECAUSE THEY WILL ALLOW THEMSELVES TO BE INTIMIDATED OR SCARED BY IMMIGRATION OFFICIALS. (e.g. "If you do not waive your right to challenge the deportation process, we will go after your family. We know where they live." "You are going to be in a detention center for years without seeing your loved ones." etc). I know they say this type of shit because my dad has been constantly in and out of immigration detention centers. This problem was even the case under the Obama administration.

Please stop thinking and acting like a fucking meteor is going to end our lives and we all screwed. Hell, don't even act like that in front of your friends and family. You will be dubbed a fucking drama queen and become a candidate for being bitch slapped. Guys are taking it too fucking far... RIGHT NOW.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
libertarian1776
View Public Profile
Send a private message to libertarian1776
Find all posts by libertarian1776
#25
01-11-2017, 04:10 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Dec 2010
165 posts
Dreamer3ooo
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by legendver2 View Post
Can you explain more on this process and approximate timetable from being taken by authorities to final decision, and what steps we can take to drag out the process? Or maybe create a sticky thread for this topic. Thanks.
I've written about this before, here are the links:

http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=74981

http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=74866

I would add that those posts were written according to the state of the law as it exists today. Remember that limited financial resources is a very real thing. As much as the Republicans would love to kick all of us out, they have to deal with the reality that funds are limited, ICE agents don't work for free after all. That's why we have deportation priorities to begin with. It wouldn't make sense to start using their limited financial resources on DREAMers when there are a ton of more pressing priorities to deal with first. I think recent arrivals and criminal cases alone are enough to keep them busy for the next 4 years.

Raids might become a thing again to keep ICE officers busy, but not everyone caught up in a raid will be deported right away. Some people caught up in any new raids will be a priority for deportation, like anyone with a prior deportation, or someone who has been detained by immigration before, or someone with a criminal record. But a lot of those people will have a right to due process, even if most of them don't. The one's that have clean records, USC family members, and enough years in the U.S. will have a right to see a judge, further adding to the court case load and processing times and making individual court cases last even longer. And that's without 750,000 DACA cases. And if the Republicans want more money for their deportation machine, they have to go through congress, where the Democrats won't let them have any more money for their wall or deportations without at least some relief for DREAMers. Things are far from over, even now. It's just not as simple as people think to just suddenly decide to deport all DACA people.

I know that one of the main concerns is the EAD. I am one of those people who will for sure lose my job if they take away the EAD. But even though I am worried, I still haven't given up all hope. Everyone will have to figure out what to do if they cancel the EAD's. I'm currently thinking of several things to try if they take mine away and I lose my job. After having a nice career at a comfy office for the last 3 years, it would suck to have to go back to menial labor. If I get desperate enough, I might just file a BS Asylum claim just to purposefully get myself referred to an immigration judge and score myself an EAD while my case is pending for years and years in immigration court. I AM NOT RECOMMENDING THAT ANYONE DO THAT! I'm just saying that if I get desperate enough, it's something I personally might consider. I have financial responsibilities that depend on my ability to legally work with my EAD, and if I get desperate enough and I have nothing else to lose, there are worse things than having an open case in immigration court.

What DACA people have to keep in mind is that the vast majority of us do not fall into the expedited removals category, we are not a priority for deportation, we have a right to due process, and we have a strong media presence at the moment. Things are far from over, we still have options and support so lets try and keep the negativism down a bit. Sorry for the rant, but all of the negative comments were starting to bum me out. Things look bad and people are scared, I know, I'm scared too, but giving in to fear doesn't help anyone at this point.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Dreamer3ooo
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Dreamer3ooo
Find all posts by Dreamer3ooo
#26
01-11-2017, 05:03 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Jun 2013
636 posts
SurfyB
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamernb87 View Post
Preach!!

Worst case scenario. If Trump cancels DACA and rescinds our work permits.. You can move away from where you currently are, then work in places where they don't have e-verify, that alone will give you 2 extra years,where hopefully you can find someone to marry !! don't wait before it is too late!
I love how everyone assumes everyone expires in 2 years, most of the people in discord, me included, expire in like 6-7 months.. so yeah theres that. I wish theyd give us bridge act at least 3 years to find a solution.. I'd even ask for a year but 6 months is not enough time for me.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
SurfyB
View Public Profile
Send a private message to SurfyB
Find all posts by SurfyB
#27
01-11-2017, 05:25 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Dec 2010
165 posts
Dreamer3ooo
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfyB View Post
I love how everyone assumes everyone expires in 2 years, most of the people in discord, me included, expire in like 6-7 months.. so yeah theres that. I wish theyd give us bridge act at least 3 years to find a solution.. I'd even ask for a year but 6 months is not enough time for me.
From what I understand BRIDGE Act will be introduced right away if they get rid of DACA. So even if you expire soon, there is still hope. We shouldn't forget that everyone has a different expiration date. BRIDGE Act, or SAFE Act, or something attached to some enforcement bill would be great. Even if it's only three years, at least the three years would be uniform, which would be great I think because if everyone expires at the same time, then we all come out at once and the issue becomes that much more urgent. Right now some people in congress are like "well, take it away and we have two years to do something about it." But you are right, a lot of us don't have two years.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Dreamer3ooo
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Dreamer3ooo
Find all posts by Dreamer3ooo
#28
01-11-2017, 05:33 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Nov 2016
1,720 posts
isk84life
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer3ooo View Post
From what I understand BRIDGE Act will be introduced right away if they get rid of DACA. So even if you expire soon, there is still hope. We shouldn't forget that everyone has a different expiration date. BRIDGE Act, or SAFE Act, or something attached to some enforcement bill would be great. Even if it's only three years, at least the three years would be uniform, which would be great I think because if everyone expires at the same time, then we all come out at once and the issue becomes that much more urgent. Right now some people in congress are like "well, take it away and we have two years to do something about it." But you are right, a lot of us don't have two years.
Bridge act is brilliant, because everyone expires at once. That would be a great starting point for republicans to fully legalize us in 3 years, right before they have to convince some hispanics to vote for them in the 2020 election.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
isk84life
View Public Profile
Send a private message to isk84life
Find all posts by isk84life
#29
01-11-2017, 05:41 PM
Senior Member
From Sacramento, CA
Joined in Sep 2010
972 posts
jrpallares
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by isk84life View Post
Bridge act is brilliant, because everyone expires at once. That would be a great starting point for republicans to fully legalize us in 3 years, right before they have to convince some hispanics to vote for them in the 2020 election.
I do think this is the best thing for us now. Its going to be difficult to pass a comprehensive bill. There will be lots of discussion that will take awhile. And a lot of democrats want all undocumented immigrants to be legalized, with a pathway to citizenship. That's a hard sell.

I think a waiver of the 10 year ban + work authorization + ability to travel will be good for most people. American citizens do not think it is fair that the undocumented get citizenship despite breaking the law. I get the feeling the dems want a pathway in order to get their votes in the future. They should put politics aside and focus on dealing with the issue. It will be good for the entire country.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
jrpallares
View Public Profile
Send a private message to jrpallares
Find all posts by jrpallares
#30
01-11-2017, 06:05 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Dec 2016
191 posts
lakers1824
0 AP
Kelly seems to be a Kobach Jr. He also took issue with us serving in the military to expedite citizenship. Hey, who gives a fuck if you go out there and give your life for america. We will just deport your dead body back to where you came from. Kelly ain't no saint. He seems radical like Kobach. Slightly less but radical indeed.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
lakers1824
View Public Profile
Send a private message to lakers1824
Find all posts by lakers1824
  • ‹ previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • next ›


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.