I don’t have long-distance calling on my home phone. Can I still call?

-There are many options available to you if you do not have long-distance service on your home phone. As all congressional offices (unless they are the ones that are located in the state of the Senator/Representative in question) are in Washington DC, you will need to have access to some form of long-distance service. Most cell phone providers include long-distance calls in their plans so if you have a cell, you can call the DC offices of Congress members. If you do not have a cell phone, inexpensive phone cards are available at nearly all convenience stores around the nation. If you are really strapped for cash, there are toll-free numbers that will connect you with your Senators and Representative. The numbers are the following:

-Coalition for Comprehensive Immigration Reform: 1-800-882-2005 (English) 1-800-417-7666 (Spanish)

-Congressional Switchboard: 1-800-828-0498

The Congressional Switchboard is often used by people for whom calling is expensive. An operator will answer "Capitol, how can I direct your call?" and all you need to tell them is the Senator's name and they'll connect you. This is a 1-800 number, it is completely free.