• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...
DAP Forums > DREAM Act > The Lounge

NEWS: AB 540 reopened for debate - Page 5

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
Closed Thread
  • ‹ previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • next ›
#41
09-17-2008, 03:49 PM
Guest
n/a posts
Jourbalist
AP
^ That is pointless and doesn't really do anything... William Gheen can just clear cookies and keep on voting with his alipac cronies helping him. Besides, the type of people that usually watches Lou Dobbs are never on our side.
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Jourbalist
#42
09-17-2008, 04:01 PM
Senior Member
From San Francisco Bay Area
Joined in Oct 2007
637 posts
MAGraduate's Avatar
MAGraduate
0 AP
The headline is misleading. The law has NOT been struck down. This really isn't a big deal. By the time the courts come around to arguing this case, the DREAM Act would probably pass that would render the plaintiff's biggest argument (8 U.S.C. § 1623) as MOOT.

Of course if you are currently enrolled with the privilege of being an AB-540 student, you might as well not take any risks and finish that university education ASAP.

Quit hyperventilating.
__________________
Founder, Managing Attorney at Lal Legal
Formerly Undocumented
J.D., The George Washington University Law School, 2013
Post your reply or quote more messages.
MAGraduate
View Public Profile
Send a private message to MAGraduate
Find all posts by MAGraduate
#43
09-17-2008, 04:08 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Sep 2007
2,656 posts
dado123
0 AP
I currently attend a CSU and I will graduate with my bachelor's in May of 09. I have been in-state tuition for the last 3 yrs I will doubt they will all of a suddent charge me out of state, the CSU's will propably find a means to fund our education.
Post your reply or quote more messages.
dado123
View Public Profile
Send a private message to dado123
Find all posts by dado123
#44
09-17-2008, 04:29 PM
Senior Member
From L.A., California
Joined in Oct 2007
960 posts
kenny1314
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dado123 View Post
I currently attend a CSU and I will graduate with my bachelor's in May of 09. I have been in-state tuition for the last 3 yrs I will doubt they will all of a suddent charge me out of state, the CSU's will propably find a means to fund our education.
you are lucky. i just transfer to CSU.......i hope i can still get in state tution.
Post your reply or quote more messages.
kenny1314
View Public Profile
Send a private message to kenny1314
Find all posts by kenny1314
#45
09-17-2008, 06:44 PM
Member
Joined in May 2006
94 posts
MechEngineer's Avatar
MechEngineer
0 AP
This is terrible terrible news. It's a major blow to what California has tried to stand for with regards to immigration and opportunity. It truly saddens me because I benifeted greatly from this law in obtaining my engineering degree from 2002 to 2008. Even though I have legal status now, it truly breaks my heart knowing thousands of people will now miss the opportunity many of us had here in California.

For those of you who are now forced to drop out of school or have to deferr your dreams a little while longer I say this: From the bottom of my heart, I truly understand what you're going through. I know that in the world we live in, our education is one of the few things that keep us going. Jus remember, it's not the school that makes you who you are. It's your motivation and self-worth that allows you to feel good about yourself. They can't deny you from learning, so I advise all of you to pick up a book and teach yourself! You'll be that much better prepared when DREAM passes! Keep your head up guys
Post your reply or quote more messages.
MechEngineer
View Public Profile
Send a private message to MechEngineer
Find all posts by MechEngineer
#46
09-17-2008, 06:49 PM
Senior Member
From Pasadena,California
Joined in Jan 2007
874 posts
Elmexicano's Avatar
Elmexicano
0 AP
^^^ LOL u acting like it has really been shutdown
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Elmexicano
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Elmexicano
Find all posts by Elmexicano
#47
09-17-2008, 06:51 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Aug 2008
1,379 posts
vivace
0 AP
OMGOMG
This is making me freak out.

They can't strike it down!
They'd better not.
Oh, I hope not.
Last edited by vivace; 09-17-2008 at 07:10 PM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.
vivace
View Public Profile
Send a private message to vivace
Find all posts by vivace
#48
09-17-2008, 06:52 PM
Senior Member
Joined in May 2006
6,572 posts
Ianus's Avatar
Ianus
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechEngineer View Post
......Even though I have legal status now, it truly breaks my heart knowing thousands of people will now miss the opportunity many of us had here in California.
Completely off-topic.. but

Woot ! Congratulations man.How are you enjoying it so far ?
__________________
We shall win our Dream!
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Ianus
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Ianus
Find all posts by Ianus
#49
09-17-2008, 06:57 PM
Member
Joined in May 2006
94 posts
MechEngineer's Avatar
MechEngineer
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
Completely off-topic.. but

Woot ! Congratulations man.How are you enjoying it so far ?
Just showing you guys I still love you all

It's great, love the married f#$in life!
Post your reply or quote more messages.
MechEngineer
View Public Profile
Send a private message to MechEngineer
Find all posts by MechEngineer
#50
09-17-2008, 07:03 PM
Senior Member
Joined in May 2006
6,572 posts
Ianus's Avatar
Ianus
0 AP
Nice dude,glad to see it is working out for you & that your still around & haven't forgotten,lol.
__________________
We shall win our Dream!
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Ianus
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Ianus
Find all posts by Ianus
  • ‹ previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • next ›
Closed Thread


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.